Sunday, June 19, 2011

Being 5 pounds over is NOT a big deal.

I do indeed think that the original post here was Ellen, who then went back to her main identity to give advice to herself. Losing weight by July 4 is a theme with her.



SJB June 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm
This is a perfect little black dress!
Threadjack: As a large size 4, I sometimes am a little self-conscious trying to wear my own little black dress, especially since mine is cut low in the back. I can not see if this one is, but I need to lose about 5 lbs before I can wear mine out this summer. I have a beautiful set of black pumps that go so well with mine, but until I can wear the dress, I am out of luck.
Now my boyfriend is getting on my case to lose weight now, even to the point he will tell me what to eat and not eat at dinner.
How can I tell him to lay off on this and give me time — at least until July 4 to lose the 5 pounds? It is getting very annoying. Help!
DTMFA June 17, 2011 at 7:50 pm
Ditch the boyfriend now and you’ll lose weight super fast and in quantities beyond your wildest dreams: 160-220+ ugly pounds in one fell swoop.
You deserve better than being treated like a child. DTMFA.
CfM June 17, 2011 at 8:28 pm
haha love this
Another Sarah June 17, 2011 at 8:16 pm
Every time he tells you what you can/can’t eat for dinner, punch him. Awesome back/shoulder workout, which will make you look fabulous in the dress. :-)
*Kidding, of course – beating up people isn’t cool. But I agree with the poster above ^^.
Bonnie June 17, 2011 at 10:57 pm
I’ve got to say it… TROLL!!!
Anonymous June 18, 2011 at 9:07 am
Can we please stop assuming people are trolls and give them the benefit of the doubt for awhile.
Ses June 18, 2011 at 10:35 am
I thought troll too. I kind of felt we were all ignoring the OP’s question because it sounded insincere.
AEK June 19, 2011 at 5:17 pm
I agree with Bonnie
Ellen June 18, 2011 at 8:16 am
You are better then him.
I AGREE you should tell him to stop and if he does not stop, loose him.
There are men that do not care. Being 5 pounds over is NOT a big deal.
Fooey on him!
1L-1 June 18, 2011 at 11:31 pm
GO ELLEN!
I actually agree with her!
michelle June 18, 2011 at 10:46 am
anyone calling themselves a “large” size 4, with a boyfriend who cares about 5 pounds, is either a troll or needs a serious wake up call.
Anonymous June 18, 2011 at 11:28 am
I think you may be in a abusive relationship so I hope the flippant comments don’t turn you off. Does this man put you down in other ways? Does he discount your ideas? Please get help if he is psychologically hurting you.
CfM June 18, 2011 at 11:54 am
Isn’t a large size 4 a 6? Cuz I’d like to start calling myself a large size 4 (just 4 sizes larger :)
In all seriousness, there is a reply to your second post down below that was good. My boyfriend has commented on what I have eaten before after I spent a week complaining about how fat I felt and then was eating ice cream out of the quart container. He did the “don’t kill me but.. if you are feeling self conscious, maybe you need to be more conscious about what you eat.” If he is upset about the five pounds, he really is overstepping his bounds.


Read more: http://corporette.com/2011/06/17/weekend-open-thread-89/#ixzz1sGKtttrG

No comments:

Post a Comment