Thursday, December 23, 2010

Alan swears he will NEVER by me clothes again.


Ellen December 23, 2010 at 1:09 pm
These sweaters make me look FAT. Last year, Alan gave me a red SWEATER and I looked like Santa Claus. Hideous!!!
I gave it away to the Salvation ARMY and the guy there said he would wear it.
Can you IMAGINE?
Anyways, I want a SILK sweater that has blue and white HORIZONTEL stripes.
Does anyone know where I can buy one? Alan swears he will NEVER by me clothes again.
I don’t care as long as he gets me a RING.
kellyn December 23, 2010 at 1:30 pm
What, no mention that he is BALD?
Merry Christmas, Elan. You’re a wonderful gift to all of us Corporette readers :)
K December 23, 2010 at 1:47 pm
Kellyn: I don’t think Alan is BALD, it it Ellen’s BOSS who is BALD and has BAD BREATH. Please, try to keep facts STRAIGHT. :)
kellyn December 23, 2010 at 3:24 pm
Haha well, it SEEMS I have my facts WRONG again.
PHOOEY.
Anon in DC December 23, 2010 at 2:02 pm
I am still looking for the hidden messages in the CAPITALIZED words.
FAT SWEATER ARMY IMAGINE SILK HORIZONTAL NEVER RING
R.S. December 23, 2010 at 2:57 pm
“Ellen” is not real. This is a character/troll who comments on tons of legal blogs, and has always formatted his/her comments this way.
S/he was banned from commenting on the ABA’s online articles and blog posts a little over a year ago. I had not realized until today that “Ellen” had discovered Corporette.
S/he can be amusing at first, but her comments will inevitabley become completely innane. Furthermore since “Ellen” is not a legitmate individual who wants to contribute honest impressions to the Corporette community, and is merely doing this for kicks, I think Kat should keep a very careful eye on these posts.
Kat and all of the readers here have great community going, with lots of sincere honest advice for professional women, and I hate to see it ruined by trolls who have run out of other blogs to invade.
Anon for this December 23, 2010 at 3:19 pm
R.S., I am a regular commenter here and a lawyer, and I have no problem with the crap that “Ellen” posts. It’s harmless, silly, and yes, a troll. But guess what? It’s not spam, and it’s not offensive. Once we start banning commenters because their posts are not “honest impressions” or productive contributions, it’s a slippery slope to a place where I wouldn’t be interested in participating. I realize that free speech rights do not apply to blogs, but I think it’s silly to decide to block someone because they annoy you or because their posts offend some nebulous standard that you’ve conceived for this blog’s commenters.
kellyn December 23, 2010 at 3:27 pm
Oh, see, I now look forward to the little oasis of silliness that Ellen provides in my otherwise mundane day. I love reading this blog and have gotten some amazing and caring advice from it, but sometimes we just need some PHOOEY in our days.
R.S. December 23, 2010 at 3:36 pm
I agree, and I’m not suggesting that Kat should ban “Ellen” (not yet, anyway). However, it’s also a slipperly slope from having one or two “novelty commenters” to having a blog that’s become so innundated with trolls and their shennanigans that no one wants to read the comments or contribute anything insightful anymore (e.g. does anyone read the comments on Above the Law anymore?).
I say this only because Corporette is one of the few blogs where trolls have not taken over, and where I still actively read the comments because their quality is very good and resourceful.
Anon December 23, 2010 at 1:34 pm
I think HORIZONTAL stripes will just make your BODICE look bigger, dear Ellen…
Ru December 23, 2010 at 2:18 pm
Priceless…
Anon December 23, 2010 at 2:22 pm
And then her BOSS who is BALD and has BAD BREATH will just STARE at her all day!
eaopm3 December 23, 2010 at 1:37 pm
AD December 23, 2010 at 1:41 pm
Anone December 23, 2010 at 1:57 pm
The belt on that dress is crazy awesome.
eaopm3 December 23, 2010 at 2:04 pm
Haha, I didn’t even see that one when I googled it. However, that might be a little too RISQUE for Ellen’s BALD BAD BREATH BOSS. Lol.
Nonny December 23, 2010 at 2:29 pm
Hee hee, BALD BAD BREATH BOSS. Love it.
Ru December 23, 2010 at 2:18 pm
Beautiful dress!
Anon December 23, 2010 at 2:27 pm
Merry Christmas, TrollBoy.
EggNog?
eg December 23, 2010 at 2:39 pm
You are cracking me up! MERRY CHRISTMAS to Kat, all Corprettes and Elan and her BALD BAD BREATH BOSS.
Bonnie December 23, 2010 at 2:59 pm
Maybe you can wear those CORSETS Alan gave you underneath.
kellyn December 23, 2010 at 3:26 pm
ON her bodice?
Bonnie December 23, 2010 at 3:46 pm
Underneath the SWEATER so she doesn’t look FAT like Santa Claus.
Anonymous December 23, 2010 at 3:48 pm
But what about the TEDDY? If she can’t wear it with the sweater, then FOOEY.
MC December 23, 2010 at 7:34 pm
This whole thread makes me smile :)


Read more: http://corporette.com/2010/12/23/bargain-thursdays-tps-report-cable-knit-cardigan/#ixzz1sGHN4GzW

No comments:

Post a Comment