Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I do not judge you for your sexual moray’s

Many thanks to ELLENWatcher Kirstie for alerting me to this Ellen-rich thread at Bitter Lawyer. I had already known that Ellen comments over there, and I suspect it's an untapped treasure trove--but alas it isn't conveniently searchable for her comments. (If any other reader's have similar tips, please share! I suppose if I'm really serious, though, I just need to start checking, obsessively, for myself.)  
This thread makes me think that Ellen does enjoy back-and-forth with other commenters when and only when they don't know who they're dealing with. On Corporette, where it's well-established that she's a special case, shall we say, Ellen almost never condescends to respond to questions or comments. (Counterexample, from earlier times, supports my hypothesis above.) But unsuspecting Kate is being rewarded for her ignorance here! Granted, our girl isn't exactly being gracious. But even negative attention is attention, and Ellen is VERY miserly with hers.
As to content, two things: 1) Ellen is surely "earning money as a lawyer" now, but she has told us that Dad still pays at least some of her rent. Note that she's implying financial independence here, but not quite lying. 2) Other than references to ordering a VIRGIN MARY, I'm not sure I had ever heard before that Ellen doesn't drink at all. Has this ever been contradicted? Do you think her tee-totaling came before she watched Alan descend into hopeless alcoholism, or did she stop drinking only after she saw what it did to him? 




Ellen February 28, 2012 at 8:18 pm
Fooey on this! I did NOT like Scotche and still do NOT, but I did go to LAW school and I did do well.
My father paid for my educeation, and now I am earning money as a lawyer. I do not drink b/c men try to take advanteage of me if I am tipsee, and I do NOT want to be used as some smelly guys’ sex pillow. FOOEY on that! FOOEY!
mo February 29, 2012 at 5:46 am
Seriously !?!??!?! your dad paid for your education, he should ask for a refund, your grammar and spelling is a disgrace ! haha
Ellen February 29, 2012 at 6:00 am
Fooey on you! You men expect us to sleep with you and pleasure you just b/c your a lawyer? Big deal! I am a lawyer to. So I am NOT impressed. I will not sleep with a guy just b/c he has a law degree. Fooey on you!
Kate February 29, 2012 at 2:51 pm
Fooey? Fooey? Scotche. . .Educeation. . . Sex Pillow? I cannot come up with the right words to respond to this, so I am going to borrow some.
Ellen, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Fooey, Ellen. Fooey on you and whichever state bar licensed you.
Ellen March 1, 2012 at 1:55 pm
I do not judge you for your sexual moray’s, so do not judge mine.
You can do what ever you want with men, irregardless of my views.
I choose to maintain my own moral nature.
And I am admitted in NY, so there!
So Double Fooey on you, Kate.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to join in! And speaking of sexual moray's: http://www.bitterlawyer.com/cease-desist-demand-men-wearing-sandals/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another good one! Thank you! By the way, Kirstie, I hope you will think about participating in our MANAGEING partner photo contest.

      http://ellenwatch.blogspot.com/2012/08/manageing-partner-photo-contesst.html

      Delete