Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"Well that’s true!"

I love it when commenters invoke Ellen in absentia, especially when they don't even mention her name and the reference is seamlessly understood regardless. She's a true institution.



Equity's Darling April 17, 2012 at 5:40 pm
Apparently working women are only choosing careers because they can’t find men to marry.
Not because they want careers or anything.
TCFKAG April 17, 2012 at 5:45 pm
But…I’m confused. I had “found” a man when I chose my career path. Does that just make me an outlier? And what if you’re a lesbian???? What then! ;-)
CA Atty April 17, 2012 at 5:50 pm
Oh holy…gah. I’ve “found” numerous men in my life at all stages of my career development. At any time any of us could have “settled” down to SAHM-hood and not gotten the degrees, education and experience that we have. We didn’t. Because it’s not the 1800′s. Ridic!
(To be clear, I am not ridiculing the choice to be a SAHM, I’m ridiculing the idea that every woman’s goal is to be a SAHM and the fact that some of us are not just shows that no man loves us enough to take care of us.)
Monday April 17, 2012 at 5:52 pm
There’s always the possibility that getting good grades or having a good job make men uninterested in us, too.
FOOEY!
CA Atty April 17, 2012 at 6:52 pm
Well that’s true! I forgot we have to MANAEGE our ASSETS!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/04/17/coffee-break-open-flower-brooch/#ixzz1sLZgjv9Y

No comments:

Post a Comment