Thursday, May 10, 2012

Alma MATTER!

I'm very grateful to the anonymous commenter who just alerted me to ELLEN's extensive canon beginning over at a blog called You, Me and Anthropologie. From what I can tell, this is a fashion blog peppered with human interest happenings from its author, inviting our girl's usual mix of sartorial, legal, and life wisdom. Findings entirely consistent with her comments elsewhere. Below I've pasted in the entire trove, from various sites, to date. Looking for a way to subscribe...

The real news is that we now have something more specific than "I went to school in DC!" (see highlight). It's George Washington University, folks! I'd say you heard it here first, but then I'd be lying. A site on constitutional law, it seems, did--without having any idea what kind of an exclusive scoop it was awarded. Anyway, enjoy. 


  • I know a couple monkeys at work. Trouble is, our monkey's don't know how to answer a question without scratching their rear ends!
  •  on In-house job market looking up 6 months ago
    I want to go in-house, b/c the manageing partner at my firm is askeing me to work on Saturday's now.
  •  on Throw Grandma From The Train 7 months ago
    I think this is a very INTELIGENT post.  It does NOT deal with the law, but it is still interesting.
    I hope I will have a job until I retire.
  •  on Legal Reasoning Redux #3 7 months ago
    I did NOT know any thing about the law b/f I aplied to law school.  My father said it would make me marketeable in case I did NOT get MARRIED.
    He was so RIGHT.  I thought that by the time I was 30 I would be MARRIED with 2 children in the suburb.
    Then it turned out that my boyfriend decided to drink alot and not pay attention to ME.
    So I had the law to fall back on, even although I did NOT love the law, it gave me a paycheck.
    I also do NOT have to depend on a man for support.  FOOEY on that.
    So the law can be good for peeple who are not MARRIED.
  •  on 2008: A Toxic 'Eureka' Moment 8 months ago
    Jessica was toweling off in front of the mirror when she noticed a few
    gray pubic hairs. She bent down and said to her privates... "I know
    you haven't been getting much lately...but I didn't know you were so
    worried about it!"
  •  on The Last Great Hope of Mankind 8 months ago
    I have to aggree with BL1Y, here.  That guy is NOT employed and he has a JD.  So I say bring in NEW blood to the PRESIDENCEY.
  •  on Legal Reasoning Challenge #5 8 months ago
    I think Law SCHOOL is good b/c
    1) It was a good experence for me to learn the law
    2) it has provided me with an oportunity to earn a living and be indipendent from my PARENTS
  • OK.   Here is something that some men seem to enjoy.  A good joke.
     Pinnochio had been getting complaints from his girlfriend. "Every time we make love," she said, "I get splinters. "
    So Pinocchio went back to his maker, Gipetto the carpenter, for advice. "Sandpaper," said the carpenter. "That's what you need. " So Pinocchio took some sheets of sandpaper and went home. A few weeks later the carpenter bumped into Pinocchio again. "How are you getting on with the girls now? " he asked. "Who needs girls? " said Pinocchio."
  • There is at least ONE type you forgott.  You did NOT include the issue where peeple do NOT understand the issue to much and they need smarter one's to explain it to them.  I know alot of peeple that apreciate the type of advise that other's give them; usually through experience.
    I know that b/c of my job, I can provide alot of advise to lawyers who are working in law FIRMS.  That is why I am here.
  •  on Blind Drunk Suggestions 9 months ago
    I would like to make a comment that there should be a story about women who are never given FULL credit for there work as an attorney at law.  I have this ISSUE with the manageing partner at my law firm.  He always makes me eat with him, but he does NOT want me to take depositons on my own.  I have been working for FIVE years now and want MORE responsobility.  He always likes to STARE at my breasts also, but that is not the issue.  I want to do more things with my JD then sit around and watch the manageing partner.
  • I also sympathise. Whatever you do, do not compromise youre ideals for this guy. I do not know if it is legal, but there must be a leagal aid society lawyer that can tell you. You do not have to be poor to ask a question. Do not give the land lord any extra money either unless the leagal aid lawyer says it is ok
  •  on Crimson and Crimson last year
    I had the SAME issue. I went to school at George Washington U and alot of people who went to George Town always said we were NOT as good as them. But they did NOT have a social studies department as good as GWU, so I was very happy at GWU. Then there was the LAW school issue. Our school was in a MUCH better part of town then George Town. So I do NOT ever care if some peeple think that George Town is better, because I perfer GWU alot more.
  • I want to Wish EVERYONE a happy NEW YEAR (FIRST!!!!)
    I have been DISSED on the other websight by women can not respect the fact that I have a BOYFRIEND, and they do NOT. They do NOT like that I have a RELATIONSHIP with Alan, even tho he got me a cheep gift for Christmas.
    I will be sure to get a RING for VALENTINE'S DAY so there. FOOEY on them! Fooey!

No comments:

Post a Comment