Sunday, July 1, 2012

[Front Lines of Research: New Disqus Profile]

O readers. I just discovered something that gives me a lot to think about and at least one cause for concern.
Some will recall when I was tipped off to Ellen's existing Disqus collection, under "Ellen," and at that time I faithfully transcribed all comments to date. However, since that post of mine, no further comments have been left under this profile, and now it appears defunct. 
I just found a new Disqus profile, attached to several more recent comments. This time it's "Ellen Barshevsky." Let's hope it stays active longer.
Field notes thus far:

  • Why did she (apparently) end use of one profile and start another? Was she being filtered? My first thought--both horrified and grandiose--was that she saw we were on to her and wanted to start over. But in that scenario, this solution makes no sense. She's much easier to track by first and last name than under simply "Ellen." If anything, she's done her fans/stalkers a favor. But I think it's safe to say I am still being ignored.
  • FOOEY on Google Alerts, which should have been all over this based on the very specific instructions I entered long ago. I guess this feature is not designed as a razor-sharp sensor on trolls leaving vacuous comments all over the web? Still.
  • Which of our known Ellen suitors is the derivatives trader? Or is this someone she hasn't mentioned on Corporette? It sounds like she wanted to impress him. 

While I can, here likewise I'll share what she's been saying to other unsuspecting bloggers and co-readers who probably don't get it:






  • My boss, who is the manageing partner, often Coments about my tush, but he also pays me a salary, and I need the paycheck. It is silly to BITE the hand that feed's you! FOOEY!

So look alive, ELLENWatchers. I know I feel woefully behind having discovered this, with the latest comment already three weeks old. It makes this overachieving chick, for one, wonder what else has been slipping through the cracks. 

1 comment:

  1. I just wonder how she can be so prolific, where does she find the time?

    ReplyDelete