Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"beginning to wonder if she’s for real"

As is somewhat a matter of routine, we have another Ellen conversation this afternoon. Too bad it wasn't posted earlier, as it would have gotten more responses.
TC and Cornellian, it seems, both believe Ellen 1) has been the same person all along, and 2) has undergone a transformation in content. I happen to lean toward agreement with (1), certain caveats provided, but that deserves an entire post of its own. As to (2), not so much. 
It's true that Ellen has included more characters in her story over the past 6 months or so, but the gravity of the content (or, more accurately, the ridiculousness) has been fairly consistent since her ABA days and all the way through the Corporette period. Alan's alcoholism, really the most serious topic in her repertoire, has been a factor for over a year now, and if anything is less urgent than ever because they are not even friends.
Furthermore, Ellen's ventriloquism (adoption of other names and, sometimes, personas) is actually on the rise. Of course "real" Corporette commenters sometimes post under other names to solicit sensitive advice, etc., but Ellen channeling Lourine (the main recurring example) just expresses jealousy and snark toward the original character. So again, I don't see maturity or genuine issues developing here.
Yes, she sometimes solicits practical advice, but it's usually still related to something Ellenish...
As for still need a handle's assertion that Ellen is definitely a woman, I lean strongly toward agreement on that as well. Readers suspected otherwise when she kept referring to her torso as her "bodice," but I think that was just another show of incompetence. (I suppose the fact that she stopped doing that might mean she learned better?) She also seems to have pretty good command of women's clothing sizes--not impossible in a man, but hard to fake.
Readers, what say you? On any of this? 


NOTE: Conversations such as this one are primarily what my tag "META" is for. If you want to review all the speculation that has already been offered on who/what Ellen is, select the tag and browse past threads at will! 



Anonymous June 12, 2012 at 1:10 pm
ok, I need an honest answer from somebody. After reading Ellen’s comments page after page, I’m beginning to wonder if she’s for real. Somebody please tell me she simply likes her Es everywhere and spells things that way just to annoy/entertain us.
ELLENWatch June 12, 2012 at 1:14 pm
I’ve compiled just about everything to be found on her. Look over the evidence and let me know what you conclude!
ELLENWatch June 12, 2012 at 1:17 pm
PS–This is indeed my “honest answer,” and I care way more than just about anyone else about this topic! Still hoping others chime in though.
FWIW, her formatting and spelling have been getting progressively crazier over the years. Gradually, certain “rules” have emerged, but it’s far from uniform.
cc June 12, 2012 at 1:41 pm
wait what is your definition of for real? No there is not an actual person who thinks like she does, but yes there is an actual person who posts to entertain annoy us. Are you new to the site? (not trying to be snarky I’m trying to figure out if you are 1 new and dont realize she is a troll, or 2 are you saying that you know she is a troll but are starting to wonder if she is not a troll)
TCFKAG June 12, 2012 at 1:47 pm
I have a more complicated feeling about Ellen. I think at one point she was purely a troll. But now, perhaps because of the passage of time or maturity, she seems to also be like a really weird regular poster. Like perhaps the person behind the mask is starting to experience real life issues, but doesn’t want to give up her Ellen-persona.
I don’t know, but lately she’s been asking for actual, concrete advice. As kanye would say — shrug.
Cornellian June 12, 2012 at 2:05 pm
That’s my reading, as well. I only started posting this month but have been reading since 1L year.
still need a handle June 12, 2012 at 2:23 pm
Based on some things she’s said, I think it’s clear that Ellen is a woman. I can’t remember off the top of my head, but there are moments where I’ve thought “no wayyy would a man know that phrase/use that term/say something like that.”


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/06/12/tuesdays-tps-report-alois-v-neck-dress/#ixzz1xbqU87rV
 

No comments:

Post a Comment