Friday, June 8, 2012

I think that is STINK-O!

OK, one of the more significant posts we've had recently. I'd very much been wondering what happened with nerdy guy (and it's unclear whether Ellen had lunch with him as she mentioned she had to). 
If MP does kick Ellen out of her office, this won't be the first time. She may be being further demoted after the last incident, or may have clawed her way back into her original office. Let's remember that the initial concern with nerdy guy was that he'd supplant Ellen not only in office space, but in position: she was afraid of being "redundant" in both the US and British senses of the term. Is this prospective loss of office a bad sign of worse to come, or a good sign to the effect that at least she's keeping her job? 
At any rate, nerdy guy's threat remains clear and present. I'll be checking back to see any advice or updates relevant. (Why do I even bother saying that?)
Just wanted to point out, aside, that Ellen opened comments both this morning and this afternoon with applause for the type of Corporette post (FREUGAL FRIDAY'S and now OPEN THREADS). She almost manages to fit in...





Ellen June 8, 2012 at 2:46 pm
Yay! I love OPEN THREADS!
I have a threadjack! There is a posibility that the nerdy guy will join our firm, and if this is the CASE, the manageing partner said I will have to move my office. I think that is STINK-O!
I do NOT think this is FAIR b/c I have been here longer, and he should sit by the copier.
How can I get the manageing partner to let me keep my office?


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/06/08/weekend-open-thread-135/#ixzz1xF8pdqZE

1 comment:

  1. See this is what I mean, she's been asking for such concrete advice lately. At one point she was pure troll -- but now she's almost like a regular commenter with a speech impediment. Some might not like it, but I find her mannerisms endearing.

    ReplyDelete