Wednesday, June 6, 2012

"which I believe keeps track of Ellen’s statements about her life."

This is precisely the vision I had for this blog when I started it: a centralized FAQ resource. This is, to my knowledge, the second time that a newcomer has asked who Ellen is and been directed HERE! Thanks LADIE'S! 
Also, love Eleanor's respectful, objective, measured synopsis of my totally ridiculous enterprise. So quoted. 
One friendly amendment to Eleanor's rundown: it sounds like Ellen's firm is fairly small. She doesn't have any other associates at her level (assuming NERDY GUY never came on board) and appears not to have contact with any partner other than, of course, Manageing. The furniture apparently has old chewing gum smooshed into it and dates from the 1950s. Signs point not to biglaw, but to a small and unprestigious firm, which does better befit Ellen (God love her). 





lawsuited June 6, 2012 at 12:15 pm
So, I’m new to corporette (and have fallen in love!). I’ve been reading through old posts and noticing Ellen’s comments, but I feel like I’m missing something. Is Ellen an inside joke of some kind? (No disrespect meant, of course!)
Godzilla June 6, 2012 at 1:38 pm
Yep, Ellen is our resident troll. We find it (the jury is still out as to whether Ellen is male or female) hilarious, so we keep it around.
Eleanor June 6, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Ellen is a troll who posts poorly-spelled and occasionally offensive posts about her good looks, leering boss, pressure-filled biglaw job, large backside, and alcoholic ex-boyfriend, Alan. Lourine and someone else (Frances, I think?) also post in a similar fashion. People here sometimes adopt Ellen’s bizarre capitalization and spelling as a joke. One poster has a site called ELLENWatch, which I have never visited, but which I believe keeps track of Ellen’s statements about her life.
Eleanor June 6, 2012 at 1:40 pm
Also, FOOEY is her favorite word.


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/06/06/wednesdays-tps-report-new-ribbon-knit-dress/#ixzz1x3DsLIPV

No comments:

Post a Comment