Friday, June 29, 2012

you will peseveare no matter WHAT!

Pretty sure this is the longest Ellen I've ever seen. It's also sweet. We know enough about Ellen to recognize she has indeed learned some lessons the hard way. Most obviously, though I still assume Alan is just as fictional as she is, I think of the sadness in having a long-term relationship with a basically non-functioning alcoholic. She didn't have to mention her "personal life," but I suspect this is what she means.


To the OP, whom I think I can place among regular commenters: I'm sorry. You got a lot of good empathy here, and I add mine. DECIDED TO WRITE MORE: This post speaks to one of the Ellen themes I most often contemplate: professional competence. The OP mentions how often she feels confused at work, or concerned that she's making mistakes, and the supremely, distinctively clueless Ellen commiserates. 
This is kind in intention, if we take it at face value, yet might bring reassurance (thanks Ellen) but also despair (I'm relatable to Ellen? Oh lordy.) Ellen's trademark is not knowing what the hell she's doing, plus total meta-ignorance. She has no idea the extent to which she has no idea. Here she acknowledges lightly what the OP is staring down darkly.
I have very high-pressure work experience(s) myself. Ellen-spirit in my mind and heart sometimes helps me with perspective, or makes me feel like a total ace in comparison. I believe this explains, in part, why she has a singular place on Corporette; why it's a more logical home for her than other sites. She supposedly gets the kind of anxiety we all face, yet is enviably oblivious at the same time.


Also one of many reasons I'll be on the edge of my seat as the year she comes up for partner draws near. It can't be too long from now.


Ellen's closeout reference to 20% and Lord & Taylor is as if to remind us not to get too serius. "It's still me, y'all..." 




Ellen June 29, 2012 at 10:05 am
do NOT be so hard on yourselves. THERE are Many times that I think the same thing, but in the end, you HAVE to say to yourselves,like I do to reminde myself, that you have gradueated with a LAW degree, you are a member of the BAR in GOOD Standeing, and that you will peseveare no matter WHAT!
I have issues from time that I have NO idea about, but I ask the manageing partner, and usueally he is helpful. Once in a while he sends me to one of the OTHER partners, but they are REALLY out of it, so I do NOT even try to ask them.
The same goes for your personal life. While things could alway’s be smoother, they ALSO could be alot worse. I have learned many lessons the hard way, but I still forage forward, and I sugest you do to, b/c you are a wonderful person who is way to hard on yourselves.
So think about it like me. YOU have a lot of good time a head of you, and make the most of it. Do not let your work or personal issues make you THINK you are NOT a sucess. You are, and if any one says OTHERWISE, then you just say FOOEY to them and FOOEY to that.
Best wishes for a great holiday WEEKEND. I am spendeing mine in the CITY. There’s a 20% coupon I got for Lord and Taylor’s! YAY!!!!!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/06/29/frugal-fridays-tps-report-crisscross-top/#ixzz1zClp28mK

No comments:

Post a Comment