Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Nerdy Guy is NOT coming

We now have resolution on one of this year's more pressing plot lines. Congratulations, E. Interesting that with this news, ironically, we're returned to complete stasis: same office, same colleague arrangement, same relationship with MP, same singledom (I assume the lunch date, if kept, didn't go anywhere). You have to admire a storyteller who reflects the continuity of life's real plod. 
Infer, a bit, re the conversation that took place between MP and nerdy guy regarding the "packege." To those of us with sufficient fixation and imagination, Ellen speaks between the lines. She did mention earlier that nerdy guy was reluctant to take a  pay cut (having come from Dewey LeBeouf and also being a 5th year), but her emphasis now on not knowing the composition of the "overall packege" offered makes me think that MP pitched oogling Ellen every day as one of the perks of the job. And that nerdy guy was insufficiently impressed on his office visit. 



Ellen June 12, 2012 at 11:21 am
The Nerdy Guy is NOT coming to work for my firm after all! Yay! I can stay in my office!!!!!
Acording to the MANAGEING PARTNER, the nerdy guy said he did NOT like the overeall compenseation packege. I do NOT know what that packege was, but I am very happy!!!!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/06/12/tuesdays-tps-report-alois-v-neck-dress/#ixzz1xbD0FNc5




2 comments:

  1. Are you as crushed as I am that this development probably spells the end of an Ellen-NERDY GUY romance?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm disappointed, yes, but we should have known. The long arc of Ellen history bends toward nothing in particular.

      Delete