Sunday, September 30, 2012

jack of all tradees

As we were warned, Ellen is stuck at work today. I had assumed that when she said she'd have no time for "shopping" she meant the back-in-town grocery run, but no: increasingly visible gal pal Myrna was expecting a trip to Macy's with her freind. (Can I go instead?) 
Jim just keeps getting less and less viable; more and more comic. As to the bigger picture, I think we have a pretty clean break from Ellen's Rosh Hashanah spiritual elevation. In other words, she's back to judging and fooeying and suspecting per usual. The largesse simply couldn't last. In my capacity as ELLENWatch, I'm not sure how to feel about this. Would the novelty have worn off if Ellen stayed all pieceful and magnanimus? Or would it have made for a more compelling story, to have a truly fundamental shift within its protagonist? 

Wait til next year?


Ellen :
It is Sunday and I can not beleive I am already at work! I got home at 11:45 Friday after along flieght and a cab ride with a smelly guy! FOOEY! I was zonked out yesterday when Myrna called and I did not have the energy to meet her at Macy’s.
Now I am the onley one here drafteing up briefs for the judge tomorrow while everyone else is home relaxing. It is times like this when I wish I was married and home. FOOEY!
And Jim has me drop him off on the cab ride b/c he had no money and he said it was on the way to manhattan! It was NOT and it was in a dumpy place in Queens that I never saw before. That ride to his place alone was over $24 and I had another half hour in the smelly cab. I do not like that even tho I will bill PORTAL TO PORTAL FOR THAT!!!
I have to do all my time sheets by tomorrow b/c Frank needs to bill out to all cleint’s next week! I am a jack of all tradees my dad says. Back to work so I can get outta here by 3 pm. Yay!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/09/28/weekend-open-thread-150/#ixzz27yGIaUVJ

No comments:

Post a Comment