Sunday, September 16, 2012

roll with the punche’s



Lynn is a new name to us. Presumably this is the shared secretary who is jelous of the 20% reimbursement. As for the "Alan situation," I really didn't think there was one at this point. We're going on a year and a half since the breakup, with basically no contact.
Right?


Ellen September 16, 2012 at 9:20 am
I have learned to roll with the punche’s, which is AMERICAN saying for being flexieble.
I have a situation in MY firm where I am the ONLEY woman under 35 workeing there so I get all of the cases that NO one else want’s to do and ALL of the NEW stuff which is NOT easy anyway (Anti-Trust, Corporete, etc) as well as a boat Load of Litiegation in Worker’s Compensation that the manageing partner has shuffeled off to me. FOOEY!
I look to the good side. I am the onley person in my gradueating class that has a 20% clotheing allowance, where I get reimbueresed for clotheing that the manageing partner approves. Fortunateley, his taste in womens’ clotheing is pretty good, so I do NOT mind wearing the clotheing he approve’s for me. Yay!!!!!
Also, since I am the youngest person at the firm (other then one secratery, Lynn), people alway’s come to me for advise on what the younger generation is thinkeing on things.
Finally, whenever there is a firm outeing, I am alway’s picked early to be a team leader for event’s the manageing partner want’s to do. This year, I am orgeanizing a “round Manhattan” boat cruize, where we will all have dinner at a nice place, then take a boat ride around the Island of Manhattan (which is New York City).
So I wish you alot of luck. The one thing I did NOT mention was that it could be easier if you were MARRIED, but I am not goeing there, b/c of my Alan situeation. Mabye in a couple of years! Yay!
Sookie September 16, 2012 at 11:43 am
This in its own way makes sense. You sound young. Find a guy, get married, and you can have the work life flexibility to figure out what makes sense for you especially if children are on the game plan for you. It’s time we get some benefit out of our relationships and given your age and outlook, family life should be a viable option. I don’t know what European country you’re in but I am sure there are eligible bachelors looking for an educated professional eager to start a family. Good luck to you and be sure to report back on your progress!
ELLENWatch September 16, 2012 at 2:06 pm
Are you affiliated with S&S Associates, perchance?
Apologies to all real persons on this thread. I am not responsible for COMENTS like the above, but I do want to be clear about their pedigree. A husband/kids answer pertaining to nothing and coming out of nowhere is always a sure sign.
Enthusiast. Archivist. Buffoon.
ELLENWatch


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/09/14/weekend-open-thread-148/#ixzz26jI3zvK9

2 comments: