Thursday, September 20, 2012

"you are doing a pretty good job"

RECONCILEATION
Yes!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!

Good news arrived this afternoon. Game NOT over.

Those of you just tuning in today may not be aware that one of the many worthy activities of ELLENWatch is maintaining healthy dialogue with the parade of dubious anonymous posters who comment here. On a blog about an imaginary person, imaginary people are welcome and even celebrated; indeed I frequently feature their comments as something like iceing on the cake. Especially because some of these comments intimate that the posters know Ellen and/or believe that I do.

Recently, however, one of my most valued pseudo-persons claimed that she and her colleagues were abandoning my blog due to what they felt were inexcusable lapses in coverage. They identified some Ellen posts on Corporette that I had not blogged and archived. (Hangs head in shame.) I explained several times that Ellen's comments often appear late due to moderation delays, meaning that, occasionally, I miss things, and I thanked these freinds for bringing oversights to my attention. But as of 9-15-12, I thought I had lost them for good.

Imagine my relief when this showed up today:

Ellenwatch, you are doing a pretty good job, but when you mess up, either I or one of the other Sunshine Girls need to call you out on it. We see, again, that you are not being diligent and finding the Ellen posts, so we have to look ourselves. There was a good one on the weekend thread that is dated 9/15 at 9:08 am that you should read for the masses. We like your insight on the posts, but if you miss them entirely, how can you provide such insight. My 4 associate friends at S&S want to know. We don't give our names because the partners here just would not appreciate our reading either this website or Corporette, since we all bill out at $480 - 550 per hour.

They are still reading, and even slip in some grudging praise here. We'll take it!

But the subtext of this COMENT is even better. Firstly, the post they are pointing out--i.e. accusing me of having missed--was in fact promptly blogged. I'm not going to say FOOEY over this because I think it's part of the gambit, but it must be pointed out that in this case I did not fall down on the job. Secondly, S&S Sunshine Partners has either failed the surreptitious test I administered to them (by not noticing it, as TCFKAG reports that she did), or the ladies have passed it by (1) not acknowledging the test at all, (2) admitting that can't nobody do it like me, above, and (3) coming back with an accusation that they of all people, some of my most avid readers, know to be empty. In other words, I'm playing, and they're playing. "We see, again..." 

Ours is not to reason why, fellow real people on the internet. But I feel warm and sunny inside. Welcome back, wayward sister's! I deeply appreciate your seriousness and discipline in ELLENWatching, but I appreciate even more your abstract quality of...abstraction. 

Freinds on this websight,
ELLENWatch

4 comments:

  1. You need to call upon Jill if you want a good PTOOEY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are they kidding? You're doing a great job, and it seems like it's been a job as of late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I appreciate the feedback. And yes, my hours are kind of maxed out lately...

      Delete