Friday, September 7, 2012

joke’s that are OFENSIVE

We never heard any more about the important family event coming up for Manageing Partner. Remember--he expected Ellen to attend with the grunchie HAROLD? I wonder if the reference to going to MP's house, at the end of this rather long narrative, is related. 




Ellen September 7, 2012 at 1:38 pm
I think you HAVE to have a THICK SKIN. I do b/c I have alot of MEN who I work with and only 1 other FEMALE lawyer and she is alot older then me and she is MARRIED to one of the other partner’s.
I try to stay close to the MANAGEING partner, b/c he is the one that review’s my work and give’s me my paycheck and my clotheing allowance.
Yes, there are joke’s that are OFENSIVE, but I just laff and walk away, b/c they pay my salary and the work envirnment is OK.
If there is a place that you realy have to watch out for it is with the CLEINT’s. Since I bill them I have to be nice and I have to listen to thier STALE jokes and laff at them. Ha! Even if it is NOT funny.
I also have to tred a thin line between bieng freindly to the cleint and flirteing with them, b/c they seem to get their jollies when they get attention from a pretty girl and I am ofTen that pretty girl (at least in thier eye’s — I STILL must LOOSE 8 lbs! FOOEY!)
Right now, I am preparing my arguements for an apellate brief I am putting in to the Apellate Divison of the NY Supreme Court, b/c the plaintiff apealled the decision I got under 3211 to DISMISS the case.
I have done this before so I am OK doing this and the manageing partner alway’s sits with me as SECOND chair, but I am the one that ARGUE’s the MOTION– IN this case that the case was RIGHTFULLY DISMISSED. The case is on the calendar for the END of the month so I have some time to prepare, but it is EXACTELY the same as the SMITH case I argued about a year ago, so ALL I am doing is changeing the name in the brief’s and of course, the DATE’s to! YAY!
I must show the manageing partner the breif on Monday, so I will HAVE to work on it over the weekend. FOOEY! But as long as I get a paycheck, I am fine. The manageing partner is also haveing me over to his place about that time, so I will wear my NEW red dress! YAY!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/09/07/frugal-fridays-tps-report-sivan-gathered-v-neck-t-shirt/#ixzz25umiEnmU

No comments:

Post a Comment