Tuesday, October 30, 2012

but I am the practiceal one

Post-Sandy sitrep: Ellen (in Manhattan) and Myrna both seem to be fine, but the Long Island Barshevksy home is in the dark. MP's digs in the Hamton's is not fit for hosting a party next week. Jim, probably calling from his home in Queens rather than his office, seems also to have power at this time. Oh, and ELLENWatch is still functional.

I'm unsure whether Ellen thinks the pilgrim party was "not to be" or instead she's cancelling her budding relationshep with David. Adding to the ambiguity (and to Susan's subtle Sapphic suggestion) is Roberta's comment that Ellen should get over her boycrazy. But Ellen has never found anything more urgent than finding a husband. What's going on? Either I'm misreading, or David failed last weekend's mattress test --perhaps showing too much hesitation when Ellen put down the commitment plank. It's also possible that the Miles Standish costume turned her off. Guess David is more my type than hers...

PS. Ellen got pearl stud earrings as a hurricane gift from me last night (see above). I felt like they were the safest jewelry to add. Hope she enjoys. 
Ellen :
My parent’s power is out. Myrna will drive me out to help them. My dad is very smart but I am the practiceal one. Yay, just what I need. The Manageing partner is cancelleing the pilgrim party. FOOEY! David wanted to go as Miles Standish. Maybe it was not to be anyways. I can’t think of men now Roberta says. And Jim called about to see about do dileigience but not to see if I was ok. Roberta was right. He is a jerk even if he pays his bills. FOOEY!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/10/30/trina-turk-dress-crest-solid-ponte/#ixzz2AnfR72gX

No comments:

Post a Comment