Friday, October 26, 2012

he is involved with the INTERNET!

For once, Mom weighs in rather than Dad. Looks like we were right about Roberta assuming a kind of mentor role. And...I assume the furneture is for David's apartment, since he's the only one we know to be decorating right now? (They almost went last weekend--I take it this is the IKEA in Red Hook. ELLENWatchers look out!) 
Ellen's undertaking such an intimate errand for David makes me think it is in fact not "too early to worry," and as for Myrna, it sounds like she may be more into Adam than her friend suspected. 


Ellen :
Good luck! You must remember to dress VERY conseravatively, b/c you do NOT want the partner’s to think of you as anything other than a competent profesional. I learned this the hard way, b/c men started to be lookeing at me the wrong way, but the manageing partner at least treat’s me like a professioneal.
Myrna and I will be goeing to Brooklyn to go furneture shoppeing tomorrow, before the hurrecaine hit’s. My mom say’s David has come along way from the small weaseley guy with thick glasses to become the business man he is now. I am not sure exeactely what he does, but he is involved with the INTERNET! Yay! I know that will be around for a while.
Roberta is also interested in meeting David b/c she want’s to be sure I do NOT get burned again like I did with my ex. I told her it is way to early to worry, but I realy think she is acting like a big sister to me. She also knows that Jim can be a jerk, but she is happy he refered us together. Yay! Me too b/c the manageing partner said I made my monthley’s and will be getting my bonus this month! Yay! I do have the full weekend off, tho the manageing partner wants me to call his wife to help plan the pilgrim party. I can do that b/c she like’s me also!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/10/26/weekend-open-thread-153/#ixzz2ARO2sorL

6 comments:

  1. "but he is involved with the INTERNET! Yay! I know that will be around for a while."

    That. Killed. Me.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, a good one. I decided it was too long and error-free to be the post title, but did consider it.

      The Sunshine Girls are also thinking about David in terms of finances years from now (see their comment on the last post). The takeaway is that getting pregnant by him is a good move for Ellen's bottom line.

      Delete
  2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the MP's wife was not friendly with Ellen. Did things take a turn there? Because if I were the MP's wife, I would not appreciate him ooogling Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I share your intuition about this, and have said so. However, I just doubel-checked, and we actually don't have any history of MP's wife not liking Ellen. She's only been reported as kind and as complimenting Ellen's cuteness (like everyone else). However, it's only recently that Ellen started talking about her much, even seeming to give her a name (Margie).

      We do have reason to believe that she's substantially younger than MP, as it seems they have children young enough to require babysitting, and any woman MP's own age would probably not have been in a position to give birth within the past 10 years. She's also on record as having very expensive taste.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I deleted this comment because it contained a racial slur. Commenter, please educate yourself on the meanings of your words, or--if you knew what you were saying--know that I will never allow such language here.

      Here is the rest of the content from the now-deleted post:

      Someone needs to tell Ellen that the Internet bubble ca n burst at any time like it did in Y2K, when Ellen was too young to know about it. No, David's status is precarious at best--"business man"--? HA! it means squat. Big cheese today, barista tomorrow. If you don't steer clear of this guy at least know that he can turn out to be the same as his grunge bucket of a roommate, with or without IKEA furniture. I say do not -- repeat NOT-- spread your legs for this guy.

      Delete