Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I was NOT on LAW REVIEW and was barley in the top 1/2 of my class.


A rare moment of humility. Both in work and in love, I suppose we can chart the course by which Ellen has learned to moderate expectations.


Ellen :
I would be very carful. These day’s they know that no one just sit’s on one job waiteing for it to land. If you feel COMFORTEABLE calling them, mabye, but I would figure out some OTHER reason to call–for example to UPDATE them on some developement, like a case that you just filed a motion in, an articel you read in the paper, or something like that.
When I was lookeing for a job after the bar exam, I knew that I wanted to work in NYC, but since I went to school out of town, I did not have a lot of choice b/c I was NOT on LAW REVIEW and was barley in the top 1/2 of my class. Also, I do NOT think that the big firms realy wanted women from GW unless they were on LAW review.
So when I met up with the manageing partner and he agreed to give me a shot, I folowed my father’s advise, and grabbed the job. I have NEVER looked back since! Yay! Who knew that a chance meeting with the manageing partner would land me such a great job with a clotheing allowance and alot of flexeiability! I have more cleint’s then I know what to do with, and even the manageing partner is begining to think of me as an equal, b/c I have proofen myself both as a litiegieator as well as a corporate expert with do diligence. I also am going to learn about IMMIGRATION, and my case load in the WC is getting very weighty. Yay! If ONLY I could find a decent guy with a job and who’s clean, I would be VERY happy.


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/10/09/coffee-break-shakeitup-pump/#ixzz28q7Fxiob

2 comments:

  1. There has been so much ellen lately... I'm sort of ready to take a break. You must be so busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, yeah. Obviously this is purely volunteer work for me, but I do feel a little stretched by the volume and length of posts lately. All these new characters and plot lines, too...it's like she's milking me for all I'm worth, expanding her repertoire in ways she never would have been Abel to sustain alone.

      I know this sounds grandiose on my part, but it's increasingly clear to me that Ellen responds to what I write. Thus: I'd take some kind of a break as well, if offered, but I don't want her to interpret this too strongly!

      Delete