Friday, October 5, 2012

Roberta also had a COBB salad.

As Prada bags go, this seems
about right for Roberta
First things first: the client lunch was a hit. Manageing & MANAGEING LLP have been retained, and without any discount, giving MP even more reason to grin. As to our narrative, Roberta is highly promising as the first female to serve any plot-development function whatsoever--she, like Ellen, seems to encapsulate feminine frivolity and a thin and tenuous veneer of professional competence. Her enthusiasm about Ellen's clotheing allowance and tittering behind MP's back about gifts he should buy his rising star may signal the beginning of JUST the mentorship Ellen would be lookeing for. Not sure what to think about Kelly for the moment, except that everyone seems to go way back with everyone else in this story. MP and Judge went to law school together, Roberta and Jim went to high school together, and Ellen not only knows Kat from her days in DC, we now have this. (Just kidding--Ellen never explicitly claimed to be an old, tactfully avoided acquaintance of Kat circa mid-2000s. I just figured.) 

Resolved: she's only spending one night out in the Hamton's for MP's anniversary party this weekend. But this is still plenty of opportunity for Harold to make another move, as the Sunshine Girls are highly wary. 

As for the meta: inevitably, an NYC meetup is being planned and Ellen is doubel fooeying because she has to be out of town. I wonder how serious the St. Louis contingent might be in, er, forcing Ellen to come up with a reason that she can't go to that one either...


Ellen :
Fooey! I have to be in Saint Louis! Doubel FOOEY!
But I have a new CLEINT, Roberta. She agreed to giving us a TRIAL run of 10 case’s. I get my FULL hourley rate, and she like’s me b/c I know her neice, Kelly, who went to law school 1 year a head of me at GW and who is now working for the U.S. Departement of Justice in DC. I now know what hapened to her!
We had a long talk about fashion (she is very styleish) and she was thrilled that the manageing partner is giveing me a 30% clotheing allowance. She had a great PRADA bag, and I said I could not aford one. She said that if I did a good job, the manageing partner would probabely buy me one! The manageing partner pretendeded NOT to hear, but we both LAFFED.
Roberta also had a COBB salad. We have alot in common, but she work’s in HOUSE. She told me that she used to be a litiegator so she know’s if firm’s are dogging it. I told her I am a very hard worker and she is happy to try me out. Roberta is haveing the first 10 case’s shipped over Monday, but none of them are ready for trial’s yet. That is MY job. I have setlement authority up to $1000 without even haveing to ask! The manageing partner said he would supervize all settelement’s.
Roberta, like me also has to watch her figure. We did NOT have desert, but BOTH ordered a slice of cheezecake and a cookie to go. I told the manageing partner I would be driveing out with Harold TOMORROW morning so at least I do not have to stay over for 2 Night’s. The manageing partner headed directly to Penn Station to take the train home b/c he is driveing out tonite for the weekend! Yay!
  • Godzilla :
    TRIPLE FOOEY, ELLEN. I wanted to meet with you SO BADLY. Please ask the Manageing Partner if he can reschedule your trip so that we can have a meetup. Yay!
    • eek :
      Ellen is (conveniently) never available for meetups. A while ago someone mentioned that she probably lurks at them and it’s made me giggle every time I think of that.
      • I so want to call her out on moving the St. Louis trip as an alibi, but I can’t. She had previously mentioned needing to go there soon, but did not give a date. The only thing to do would be to hold an NYC meetup EVRY WEEK for a MONTH–she just doesn’t have enough do diligence trips to not attend any of them in that scenario.

  • STL girl :
    Yay! St. Louis meet up?


  • Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/10/05/holiday-weekend-open-thread-14/#ixzz28SVq7C7u

    No comments:

    Post a Comment