Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The METRO is DC’s subway.

Welcome to the CAST of Characters, Roberta! I suppose it doesn't speak well of you that you take recommendations from Jim, but at any rate you will soon understand that nobody at Manageing & MANAGEING performs his or her job to an acceptable standard. If you, too, are a margineal professional then you'll fit right in! 

Editor's note: Roberta is the first and only woman senior to Ellen that we've ever encountered. It's as if the Grimms Fairy Tales problem of all the heroine's mothers being dead is finally being renegotiated for our own yarn. Again, complex undertones of feminism and anti-feminism in the Ellen canon...


Ellen :
When I lived in DC, there was a farmer’s market near RFK steadium in the FALL that I took the METRO to. The METRO is DC’s subway.
You can get good thing’s there in that neiborhood and it is NOT too expensive. I like the KALE! Very good for digestion!
Anyway, Jim refered a NEW CLEINT to us. Yay!
There is this woman, ROBERTA, who head’s up the legal group for their big NY food chain and she has alot of unresolved WC cases her outside council has NOT handeled.
I spoke with her on the telephone today, and told her I do great VOLUME litiegation, and I know the judge’s and that and I could clear the backlog at my normal hourly rate.
Roberta told me she has over 100 OPEN case’s so she want’s a discount on my hourley, and I told her I would talk to the manageing partner about some sort of QUANTITY discount. I hope the manageing partner will go along with me on this b/c it means alot of hours, but at a DISCOUNTED rate.
For all the work I do, I should be a partner! FOOEY!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/10/03/j-crew-liberty-perfect-shirt-in-leo-scarlet/#ixzz28FS4Dtem

2 comments:

  1. I am surprised that no one is oooogling Ellen any more. Has she put on that much weight that men are looking elsewhere? Even the managing partner seems not to be noticing her any more, except, that is, as some sort of rainmaker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire your four O's. Last time Ellen checked in about her weight, she was up to being 11 lbs. over her target. Since she was at 8 before, I don't think that's a big enough difference to make them all suddenly lose interest. At any rate, the Judge is still interested, and my guess is that Frank, Jim and MP are too and she's just been too busy telling us about other things.

      Thank you.

      Delete