Wednesday, December 12, 2012

I have had SO many expereinence’s where I could cry foul

Ellen's advice on when to explicitly call out sexism: never, because what if you're right? Then where would you be-- without a boss that loved to ooogel and a bunch of old classmates to prove wrong regarding your ditziness? Granted, a breadwinner husband would have been ideal, but Plan B is to maintain a salary.


Ellen :
You have to learn to roll with the punche’s, my mom and dad say. I have had SO many expereinence’s where I could cry foul, I have learned NOT to do so, and it has paid off. Would I ever have even THOUGHT I would be considered for partner if I called out the manageing partner every time he stared at my tuches, or said that I should wear certain thing’s that the judge would like? Of course NOT. In the big theme of life, I have learned that alot of peeople, including men, like to think they are BIG MEN ON CAMPUSS, or BMOC’s as we used to say. So let them think so! In the Mean time, I am now goeing to be considered for PARTNER, when so many peeople in law school NEVER estimeated me for this.
Most guy’s just thought I would get MARRIED, and have kid’s and let my husband do all the work. Some times I wish I had that, but I am INDEPENDENT and do not need a man to suport me, especialy if I make PARTNER!
So I know it is dificult, some times, but try and grin and bare it, unless the guy is a total dick, and in that case, make your best case and be prepared to leave (or sue), but you will NOT make partner if you do. Good luck. HOPEFULLY the hive will understand my position, that I have to do what I have to do to get a head. There is NOTHEING wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment