Saturday, December 15, 2012

it is MY repueation on the line

Reprising the argument that fake people by definition cannot post comments on websights. Last time the alternate possibilities were the also-fictional Frank and Manageing Partner, and now we're scoffing at the implausibility that Kat is actually behind Ellen's coments. (We see you, straw [wo]man! Standing just as strong and tall as ever!)
This is the first mention of Gonzalo since Ellen first met him and got swept up in his dreaminess. Interesting that he seems to have been totally re-cast in a non-love interest capacity. He has a will of his own, however, so no guarantees about what does or does not go down at the NEUTRAL party next week. 
And confirming the next STL trip, presumably with Jim, is on for early January. Local Corporettes, here's another chance to have an anxiety-ridden meetup with RED CARPPET for this business traveler...


Ellen :
Yay! Open thread’s! I love OPEN thread’s! There are peeople who say I am not real. That is DUMB. Of course I am real. Who do you think is posteing! Kat? Of course NOT.
Myrna is helpeing me tomorow– we are goeing shoppeing for the decoration’s for next week’s pre-holiday party office spruce up. It is MY job to make the office look FESTIVE, but GONZALO is suposed to do the same for the resturant. I hope they do a good JOB b/c it is MY repueation on the line for recomending the place to the manageing partner.
Myrna is bringeing some new guy to help and we are takeing the 4 line to BROOKLYN again, b/c there is a place she knows that has ORNAMENTAL decor for the holiday’s and we have to be NEUTRAL in what we celebrate.
The manageing partner is makeing me prepare some materials for a CLE he is teaching on M&A activities and he want’s me to prepare a SEGMENT on conducting do diliegience in the private market. I have to get on to WESTLAW and the INTERNET to see if I can find some other presentation’s I can COPY–otherwise it is goeing to be ALOT of work. FOOEY! He has to give this CLE at the Bar Association in late January so there is NOT alot of time. He should have aksed MADELINE or one of the new asociate’s, but I guess he want’s to tap my ongoing expierience in Saint LOUIS. YAY!!!!
But I have to go out there again right after the first of the year FOOEY!

3 comments:

  1. Darn it! I was hoping that Gonzalo was gone and forgotten! But things are looking up a bit if Ellen is not thinking of him in a romantic context any more. Perhaps her new focus on partnership has caused her to relegate Gonzalo to the bottom of priority pile in her subconscious. But I still am concerned. If Gonzalo was interested in pursuing Ellen as a mere associate, won't he go after her with both barrels once she's been elevated to partner? Let's hope he does not stop by the office once Ellen's name is enshrined as the first name on the door! ELLENWatch, please do whatever you can to help ensure that these two do not become a couple. Even if this schmoe looks like a pint size version of Antonio Bandares, Ellen is a lot younger than Melanie Griffith, so they should not be a couple.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling this would be your opinion. Also, this is the first time you ladies have exactly replicated my own caps/lower case arrangement of my name, so thank's for that. I feel our relationship warming.

      I'm curious: is there any man Ellen has ever met or will ever meet of whom the Sunshine Girls would approve? I may do a special post on this if I don't hear back from you.

      Delete
    2. Since Ellen is much like us, as 5th and 6th year associates at a large NYC Firm (which will go unnamed), we would want the same type of man for her as we do for ourselves. An educated, handsome man who has a good job and will be a devoted family man, willing to put us first while advancing mutual needs. As such, a lazy do nothing like Harold does nothing for us, and an opportunistic prick like David (trying to curry favor with the dad using the religion card) is also despicable. Finally, we see nothing redeeming in a guy who works in a restaurant, and likely in need of a green card, who would view us as not much more than a combination sexual object and meal ticket.

      We want the best for Ellen (like ourselves), and will not settle for anything less. Got it?

      Delete