Wednesday, January 22, 2014

if Mason is doeing some of my motion practise

Ellen wants to avoid looseing some of her professional duties to Mason because it would mean she gets less shopping time on the company clock. Lean in. 

I agree with AnonAttorney on the ruffel’s. I also LOVE the tv show with Alicia Florik – I think she won some Emmy’s for that role, but I also love what Ali McBeal wore when I was in high school, she was the one that made me say to Dad that I should be a lawyer! Unfortueanately, it was not until I went to law school that I realised that most female lawyers did NOT dress like that in court. I think that if we did, we could do alot better with the judge’s, tho. I know that the manageing partner want’s me to be as flashy as is legally permitted b/c he knows the WC judge from law school and he told the manageing partner (on an ex party basis) that he was very partial to my leg’s!
Anyway, I am goeing to NYSC tonite to work out. Last nite I stayed in and had pizza and sausages with Myrna and I am VERY bloated. Sam wanted to come also but I said there was NOT enough room for him. He said we could have a private party this week. I have to tell dad to call that guy off. Myrna says that he can smell blood in the water, and I do NOT want to be thought of as bait. FOOEY!
Now I have to prepare the new guy to work on some case’s. The manageing partner wants for him to be abel to make general apearances in court for me some times, but I am not sure I want to give that up b/c I get time OUT of the office and I go some times afterward to Century 21 downtown and would NOT have that oportunity if Mason is doeing some of my motion practise. DOUBEL FOOEY!

5 comments:

  1. Ellenwatch, what is to become of Ellen's courtroom prowess when she begins to lose some of her ravishing beauty. If, as some say, a woman ultimately becomes her mother, will the Ellen of 2030 look like her own mom, who we only know as a long-suffering wife who bakes pies, puts up with an overbearing hubby, and sports an overstuffed tush? Can you do a poll on this? I would be interested to learn what other readers think, as I personally see this happening, however unfortunate this will become for Ellen, who needs all advantages she can cobble together as an legl urban professional.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you really think we need a poll? I can't imagine too much diversity of opinion on this. What would the response options be...:

      1) She's mildly screwed when she starts showing her age
      2) She's totally screwed when she starts showing her age
      3) She might as well leave the practice now, given that we all peaked around age 24

      ?

      Delete
  2. Ellen is timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder... does she bill double or triple time when she goes out shopping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think the clients are lucky if the MP does not charge them for the clothing he reimburses Ellen for!

      Delete