Tuesday, May 21, 2013

THIS IS Alot more compeicated that I thought.

I, too, say OY!!!! The bit about being a partner as more than just increased $$$ kind of speak's for itself. Even Dad did not warn her? Manageing Partner is covering his ass, but then, of course he is. This is a silly reason not to go up for partner at M&M, but I'll take anything forcing Ellen (and Dad) to slow the roll. Remember there's always the option to call back Brian's boss...

Sadly this CLE is webinar-only, otherwise you know I was going to show up with an ELLENWatch name tag and wait for her to stumble into my trap.
Rosa look’s great in these sweater-blazer’s, b/c she is thin and has great bone structure! But if you have a tuchus, you may want to think twice b/c there is NOT a lot of room in these and haveing a tuchus, or a shelf, make’s them look VERY small.
I had a meeting yesterday with the manageing partner, and he want’s me to sign up for a CLE about becomeing a partner. I am now beginning to worry about this b/c I thought that a partner just means I make a lot of money (YAY!) but there is alot more too it. FOOEY! Look at how this ABA describes the class: FOOEY!!!!
Making partner is a wonderful achievement that also comes with a variety of ethical challenges.  This program will help new partners understand professional liability risks and their exposure to these risks.  With a focus on how structure affects a partner’s liability, topics to be addressed are types of partnerships, and personal and vicarious liability in general partnerships, PC, LLC and LLP entities.  Our expert panelists will also share best practices to ensure compliance with the ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct, specifically duties to prospective clients, scope of representation, fees, and organization as clients; and strategies to limit liability including in the areas of business development, retainer and engagement letters, client communication skills, billing, and responsible discovery practices.
THIS IS Alot more compeicated that I thought. Who know’s about ethical obleigation’s? I don’t do engagement letter’s and the manageing partner handels billeing!
Do I have to know this stuff? I am putting in money, so why should I have risk’s? I do have cleint communication skill’s but that is about it. DOUBEL FOOEY!!!! Should I become a partner or not? Grandma Leyeh says OY!!! I have to think about this now. FOOEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment