Wednesday, November 28, 2012

want’s to transition responsibility for all of this

When I saw a post on household allocation of money, I had a feeling something like the below was probably coming down the pipeline. No news here on Dad's financial authorities, though she left out what to me is the biggest one: he controls her checking account. I don't think she can make any withdrawals or purchases without his signoff, so I'm not sure what she means here about being "in charge of writeing all checks." The Sunshine Girls, in comment's here, had further speculated that Dad wants to retire soon, hence the increased pressure for her to get married ASAP (aside from her eggs growing stale, or however they put it). This post supports their thinking.

I notice that she reports giving up finding anyone "close." Does this mean she's thinking of adjusting her settings on eHarmony to show matches far and wide? (NB: No, she has never mentioned being on eHarmony, this is just my superbly educated guess.) Other possibilities--assuming her questions about men in China came only out of curiosity? 


Ellen :
I am in charge of writeing all check’s on my own bank account, but my DAD manage’s it for me, and ocassionally deposit’s money in it when I need him to do so. Yay dad!
He also pay’s the morgage on my CO-OP, but I pay the maintanence myself to the CO-OP every month. My dad also manage’s my 401(k) retirement account for me and is handeling a seperate brokerage account he has mantained for me ever since I was a MINOR under the UNIFORM Gift’s to MINOR’s act. It still says this on the account, even tho I am HARDLY a minor.
My dad also doe’s my taxe’s for me (BOTH FEDERAL + NY STATE + NY CITY), but I sign all of these return’s.
My dad want’s to transition responsibility for all of this once I get MARRIED, but so far, that is NOT in the card’s b/c most guys are onley interested in spendeing money not saveing for my retirement. If ONLEY I could find a guy to marry like my dad! That is not possible I think, b/c he was recruited by MENSA but turned them down.
The dummies I meet here in NYC are realy dumb compared to him, so I stopped thinkeing I could find anyone close. FOOEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment