Tuesday, November 27, 2012

alot older and less tolerant of stupeidity

And we're back! Thanks a million to Kat for being hilariously responsive to my tech troubles today. Hopefully we won't have to tug at her sleeve again.

Below: Madeline is a new character, presumably a female partner at Manageing & MANAGEING and possibly created in response to my repeated speculations that there were virtually no women there, + no older female figures in Ellen's professional life (before Roberta burst onto the scene, of course). I kind of do hope that Madeline goes to STL with Jim, instead of Ellen making another trip. NYC Corporettes keep holding meet-ups, and while everyone else may have given up on a GUEST of honor, I haven't. 

Ellen :
I unfortunateley will need a new belt soon. My waistline has gone up a full INCH since the summer, and the holiday’s have NOT realy even kicked in yet. FOOEY!
But There is one good thing hapening! I told the manageing partner about NOT wanting to go back to Saint Louis b/c I am way to busy, and he said he would ask Madeline today if she would want to learn Anti-Trust and do diliegience law, and then get back to the general council at Jim’s firm if yes.
I do NOT know if this is such a good idea, b/c Madeline has been out of law school so many years — I think since the 1970′s, and she has alway’s been just doeing PI defense here, which is not at all like the very complex Anti-Trust and do diliegence I learned, which is STRICTELY corporate in nature.
I have had alot of different expereiences here at the firm thank’s to the manageing partner, both in litiegeation as well as in corporate, and I also am not sure Madeline would realy click with Jim b/c she is alot older and less tolerant of stupeidity then I am.
I am to go tomorrow with the manageing partner to sample the restaurant’s food choices for our big holiday affair. My dad warned me not to eat to much between now and the holiday’s — unless I wanted to fund an entire new wardrobe. FOOEY on that. Instead, I am goeing to excercise alot on the weekends and work my tush off I told him.
My dad also is rebalanceing the investements in my 401(k) for me NOW, based on the fiskill cliff, whatever that is. He say’s that I need to make sure to be DEEP in investement’s that do NOT have alot of downside risks, and he know’s alot about risky investements. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment