Thursday, November 1, 2012

“foot and proof” the billiengs

This is one of the more troubled gender-relations posts I have seen from Ellen--rife with internal contradiction, as many brief meditations on complex subjects are bound to be. Based on what we see below:

  • Ellen has to do all the substantive lawyering for MP, and he never identifies any mistakes in her work or suggests improvements.
  • She got her JD and started a professional career on Dad's advice never to rely on a man, but Dad controls her bank account, emails her daily instructing her how much to exercise, and has the final word on all of Ellen's personal and professional decisions.
  • Frank can't complete the October billings without Ellen's help.
  • A man would be helpful during and after hurricanes (but no mention of anyone specific).

This is also the first I've heard of "2 senior attorney's and a partner," women, at Manageing & MANAGEING. She's still clearly very isolated, but the firm isn't as small as I had thought. I wonder why she's the only associate who seems to work with MP, and in turn why MP is the only senior colleague with whom Ellen seems to have any regular interaction.
Roberta is conspicuously absent from the scene of senior women established here. I'd suggest Ellen in fact does not have to MENTOR herself anymore, especially in bakery ordering and Nine West shopping. I don't have to point out where my irony is intentional, do I? 

Ellen :
I am also the only YOUNG female in my office other then Lynn, my asistant. I help her by doing alot of myown typeing and also I gave her a wrap dress that I did NOT wear. She live’s in Brooklyn I think so she is NOT in and I am in b/c there IS power in my office today. YAY!
There are a few older women, including 2 senior attorney’s and a partner, who’s husband is also working here, so I have to MENTOR myself. The manageing partner help’s me out when I REALY need help but often, I have to figure out the dificult issues all by myself, then he just agree’s with my analysis. My dad says that I have to learn to be totaly independent and NOT to rely on any body else, especialy a man. That is why I am a profesional, and admited to the NY Bar as an attorney at law he says. But I do want a decent guy to lean on especialy when there is so much to do, like NOW.
With Hurricane Sandy, I had to do everything for every body. I had to help my dad and mom, go to LI, go to the Office, check on my apartement (where there WAS power thank god), and call the manageing partner, who I do NOT think is abel to come into Manahattan, b/c he does NOT want to drive with 2 other peeople into work over the bridge. FOOEY! It is good if he came into help me. When he does, I can YAY!
I also have to monitor the phone’s here b/c LYNN is not here and have to help Frank “foot and proof” the billiengs (whatever that mean’s). No wonder I am so tired! If I were MARRIED, I would have my husband do alot of this so I could RELAX! FOOEY!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/11/01/classiques-entier-pelle-jacquard-blouse/#ixzz2AzcDzuDn

1 comment:

  1. We at S&S are worried about David. You should not encourage this. He gave her wine, went bed shopping with her and said he would only sample it with her) and told her he likes her ass. He's done about everything short of piping her. You must stop this before he worms his way between her thighs because he's sure to dump her once he's humped her. And his roomie Adam surely has porked Myrna, whose morals are also suspect. We think she'd spread faster than hot peanut butter on a bagel for any guy with a job. Please do whatever you can to preserve Ellen's hymen. She deserves a successful guy who loves her not some Web Wonk who just wants to use her for sex for a month or two then disappear. We know. We've been there.

    ReplyDelete