Thursday, November 15, 2012

some how related in some way to Scharapova

Comparisons to the world's most beautiful women continue. Ellen doesn't usually describe herself as "not so pretty," however.
As if on demand (and you can strike the "as if") we're being notified that Grandma Leyeh--again, Ellen's father's mother--is still living. Mazel tov!

Ellen :
I have been SO busy since 8am this morning that I have NOT even had time to look at the web, much less make comment’s! FOOEY! I did not eat lunch and barely had time to go to the bathroom (doubel FOOEY!)
Now that I can breath, (I had to get a pleading out), I can take a minute to say that I have a similar satchel! Yay! I also talked to Myrna about Grandma Leyeh, and then called her to find out about the beauty contest she was in. It turn’s out she did NOT win, but was runner’s up. I guess after 60 year’s, peeple’s memories can change. But Grandma Leyeh remembers everything. She has all the smart’s on her side of the family, and she knows names in Minsk and Pinsk that I should go see.
I told her I do NOT want to go to either place. She also said that her Maiden name was Schapira, which she think’s is some how related in some way to Scharapova, so who know’s–mabye we are all related! Yay! But I am not so pretty and not so tall and not so rich! FOOEY!
Mabye next time I am at a tennis match, I will see if I can say hello. OMG, wouldnt that be crazy?
So now, I have to plan for a return trip to Saint Louis. I realy do NOT like goieing out there, especially b/c Jim does NOT do anything but wear that dumb hat backward’s. Saint Louis lost so what is the big deal? I hope he does NOT want me to wear my hat b/c I gave it away. I did not call David or the fish guy back, and Myrna want’s to go with Roberta and me back up to the Soup Kitchen, but I said it HAS to be on a Saturday or Sunday b/c their is to much work building up here for me during the week for me to goof off with them and eat old slimey turkey roll. FOOEY!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/11/15/dooney-bourke-domed-buckle-satchel/#ixzz2CKmPTfaF

2 comments:

  1. I think the grandmother is correct. Sharapova means the daughter of Sharapov, and Shapiro is the Anglicized name for Sharapinsky. The names are close, and with all of the interbreeding between the Sharapovs and the large White Russian Sharapinsky clan just outside of Minsk, it is entirely possible the two can be cousins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think this gives Ellen all the more reason to say hello the next time she's at a tennis match. By the way, do you think Maria Sharapova may be posting on Corporette as Lourine or Frances?

      Delete