Monday, March 25, 2013

[ONETH ANNIVERSARY POST]


Our journey began one year ago today, ELLENWatchers. YAY!!!! Looking back at the inaugural post for the first time, I expected to feel a lot of mission creep had set in over time, but in fact I feel more like, "yep, that's [still] about the size of it."

I want to thank all my reader's once again for playing along! Your enthusiasm + futility may not quite match my own, but I do appreciate the company. 

Finally, in honor of the occasion I am running a new poll (see upper right corner). We have seen that, albeit indirectly and with long delays, Ellen does take requests with her posting. Now that I'm firmly established as the global authority and clearinghouse on this topic, I feel ready to experiment with the request function on a grand scale, and see if en masse we can actually influence the trajectory of Ellen's story. 

I'm asking you what you think should happen to Ellen by the time this blog reaches its 2nd birthday. All of the outcome options are prospects raised by Ellen more than once, so to nudge her narrative toward a bit more direction let's see how the numbers shake out in terms of preferences, and then in turn (gulp) whether she will oblige us. I will let you know, and of course will also let Ellen know, what the HIVE think's should be made of her life (at least in the near term). 

FREINDS ON THIS WEBSIGHT for ONE HOLE YEAR!!!!!
ELLENWatch

UPDATE: The vote count is going down as well as up! WHAT is going on????? Are people actually taking back votes, or are they being lost? This is very troubling since views and votes are so disparate in number. FOOEY!

4 comments:

  1. Dear EllenWATCH:

    Congratulashuns on your oneth anniversary! Thank you for you'r INSITEFUL posts and entertaining comentery on the Ellen expeerience. I apreciate you'r dedacashun to the cause and look forward to many more post's in future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nonny! I actually had a vague memory that the quote serving as title for my very first post may have come from you. I just looked it up, and yes indeedy! "Compiling for posterity..." You said it, I did it. (The post itself is a classic, but scroll down to review COMENT'S)

      http://ellenwatch.blogspot.com/2011/01/even-judges-on-supreme-court-wear.html

      Delete
    2. Happy PTOOEY to you and Ellen. I hope she has a child soon, but first needs a boyfriend! Yay!

      Delete
  2. I think Ellen should find a boyfriend, get engaged, get pregnant, and then leave the boyfriend at the alter.

    ReplyDelete