Friday, August 17, 2012

20% or $50,000 more per year

Interesting. It's been a while since we've heard about Ellen's plan to ask for equity compensation. Last I knew, she felt she deserved 10% of billing's from Jim & Co. since she alone had brought in this business--but she never made the ask because the time wasn't quite right. By the way, Dad was behind that plan as well.
I'm not sure what she means by "profit's" here as opposed to billings. If the two categories are different enough, she and Dad may not be upping the ante as much as it seems...but the fact that she's approaching MP with a proposal like this without being sure if it make's sense is very Ellen indeed, and I (still) look forward to hearing what kind of disaster it produces. 
Have a great weekend, reader's. I'll try to stay back in my saddle, but plead your patience if I can't.
ELLENWatch!

WEEKEND UPDATE, 8-19 10:15 PM: "Aline" has responded with some advice closely reflecting a slew of anonymous COMENTS left here over the weekend. (Aline, s'that you? B. McLeod?) "Fran" joins in, perhaps Frances or France's--in a rush. Lourine reprises her characteristic bathroom and bedroom humor elsewhere on the thread. I love you all, but am saving my strength for something more concerted. Should be back tomorrow evening, and I want my SOCK'S NOCKED OFF! 
Do that stuff!
ELLENWatch



Ellen August 17, 2012 at 3:37 pm
Me TOO! I now all of a sudden have to study up on ANTI-TRUST law. I never took this in law school b/c I figured that I would NOT have to learn this or do this. After all, I am a LITIEGATOR, so now I have to start doing this? All b/c the MANAGEING partner want’s to have me diversefy by getting Jim to give me more cases.
What the MANAGEING partner does not realize, or does not care, is that it mean’s more work for ME! I have to work alot more hours, and bill more to Jim, but I do NOT get any more share of the EQUITY.
My dad says since I am working more (10+ hours / week), I should get a 20% share of the profit’s. I am NOT sure if this make’s sense, but I just figured I would ask for the 20% or $50,000 more per year. I do NOT want to be worked to death like a plow horse. FOOEY!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/08/17/weekend-open-thread-146/#ixzz23qpbVC4v

3 comments:

  1. She may be shooting high but more power to her if she can snag it from the firm. She should go for it now while she's still young and the mp has a fatherly interest in her because once her looks fade she will lave little else to fall back on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She must be beautiful because she sure is not an Einstein! That is why the MP stares at her buys her clothes and fulfills so many things otherwise unheard of in the profession! She should capitalize on those looks now, before she is 40 because in all likelihood the MP will find another ditzy JD to stare at after Ellen hits 40. Lord knows there are plenty of lawyers coming out of school, and there are other Ellens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go for the money but don't hump Jim!

    ReplyDelete