Tuesday, August 14, 2012

left calling cards on the pages.

I feel like this cements Jill's role as Ellen's crass foil. She's always good for the bawdy humor that our protagonist can't pull off quite as well. Do I think Jill is adding anything? Not necessarily--and I believe Ellen's relative innocence is part of why her character works. I'm just calling what I see.
I don't always bother to post Jill's comments here, but this is a pretty representative example of any time she goes beyond "PTOOEY." For those readers who complained that Jill was a one-word act...be careful what you wish for? 


Jill August 13, 2012 at 7:49 pm
While This sounds like an OK idea, but you have to be careful what you pickup to read, as the prior readers may have taken the magazine to the toilet with them and left calling cards on the pages. So make sure YOU wash after turning the pages and remember NOT to lick your fingers. PTOOEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment