Friday, August 10, 2012

DISMISSED the Case!!!

I will now brag for a moment at the risk of eating my words later.
Way back when Ellen first recruited Jim & Co. as new cleints, I pointed out that the only way this wouldn't turn into a lasting story arc would be for all of the cases to get thrown out immediately. That didn't happen, of course, either in scope (this is one case dismissed, and without prejudice, out of 12) or in timeframe (it's now 3 weeks later), but this post still portends an Ellen-style denouement. By which I mean, plot point banished from consciousness forever, in the way almost everything and everyone has been before. 
Specifically, I'm wondering if it's the beginning of phasing-out for Jim's character in both the professional and personal Ellen storylines.
After Ellen decisively jilted Jim on last weekend's quasi-date, and then a few days later mentioned telling him NOT to send over any more case's, I concluded that Ellen (as character and/or as narrator) is done with Jim and looking to get rid of him. 1) Disappointed hopes of car service seemed to kill Ellen's interest in the in-house job at Jim & Co. 2) Manageing & MANAGEING apparently doesn't need to get any more work from this client. 3) Ellen was never interested in dateing Jim (which may be why she never ran it by MP). Overall, I'd say almost all loops have been closed now...and I think it's CURTAIN'S for Jim. If I'm proven wrong, however, the artistic value of the experience will make up for the humble pie. And I will post a picture of humble pie. 
P.S. FOOEY on you if you don't enter the MANAGEING PARTNER PHOTO CONTEST! What else do you have to do this weekend, anyway? 



Ellen August 10, 2012 at 2:51 pm
I love these shoes and 9 West!!! YAY! The Manageing partner came with me to my first hearing on one of Jim’s cases and I won the motion! The plaineriff did NOT appear and the judge DISMISSED the Case!!!
The judge said it was without prejuddice so he can refile FOOEY!
But the Manageing partner will bill for both of us as wellas for lunch. I had a TURKEY salad and it was NOT turkey roll! Yay!
I am going to meet Myrna b/c her swim was cannceled b/c of the poop in the water. FOOEY!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/08/10/weekend-open-thread-145/#ixzz23AhPXrwv

No comments:

Post a Comment