Friday, August 24, 2012

[Favorite Anonymous COMENT]

I've seen some wonderful Ellening here on my own sight, but I had to do a special post on this particular comment from earlier today:

I think Jim may be angling his way into her life and you should do something to stop it. She deserves alot better.

Yes, this demonstrates a seriousness of approach to Ellen's tale that we can all appreciate. It also shows a certain fogginess of perception that is entirely appropriate given our protagonist and her style of narration. "May be angling his way into her life"? Jim has been threatening to buy Ellen an ENGAGMENT ring. There's not much discerning we need to do here.

One also cannot miss the "alot," which is something of an Ellen signature. But my favorite segment is "you should do something to stop it." I, blogger on fictional internet personality, am expected to intervene. I'm supposed to, what, have coffee with Ellen and come up with a tactful way to warn her about Jim's predations? Better yet, call Jim at his office and tell him to back off, explaining the delicate nature of Ellen's position--since he is her cleint--and the fact that MP is too much of an ooogler in this own right to ever drop the hint that Jim is being inappropriate? I'm very flattered at all the grandeur Anonymous' assumption puts on me. Especially since Ellen has never publicly acknowledged even my existence, let alone my devotion.

So where does the humble pie come in? I promised I would announce my error if it turned out that Jim was becoming a regular character rather than being chucked like all of Ellen's other suitors, and this comment above gave me the ideal opportunity to integrate it with a real post. I was wrong, freinds on this web sight! FOOEY! It may even be that Jim becomes more important over time...as I have (reluctantly) already considered. So consider this my official retraction. Jim is evidently hear to STAY for the foreseeable. I am not confident that I can come to any kind of rescue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment