Tuesday, August 21, 2012

did NOT understand

Ellen's precious advice on how to come across staunchly professional. I like this recollection of her interview performance because while I often try to imagine Ellen speaking, I'm conflicted about it. Does she pronounce her misspellings? Does she over-emphasize forr CAPS? Does she pause for paragraph breaks way too often? Not surprisingly, it sounds like she also has difficulty being deciphered in person, and this big DC law job is probably not the only opportunity she's missed as a result. 
2 more thoughts: Didn't she meet MP for the first time in an office building elevator? Or was she delivering that fateful subpoena at Penn Station somehow? Hmmm? --and-- Jim now shares yet another attribute with MP: repellent eating habit's


Ellen August 20, 2012 at 4:38 pm
Do NOT worry. You will be fine on the next one.
I remember when I was lookeing for my first law job, I said a few thing’s that the attorney’s at the law firm (a big DC one) did NOT understand. After I tried a SECOND time to get them to understand, I said “oh, forget it, it is NOT that important.”
I did NOT get that job, but when I came to visit @ HOME, I met the manageing partner at PENN Station and he said that I could start workeing for him if I wanted to when I gradueated from law school. So there WAS a sliver lining! YAY!!!!!
Jim called me 2x today about the fileing, and I told him I needed alot more information to fill it in. He wanted to go out for dinner, but I said NO, I have plan’s. He should stick to the work stuff, and NOT try to take me out for corn beef. I do like corn beef, but Jim gets meat stuck in his teeth, and it is gross! FOOEY!


Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/08/20/coffee-break-chevron-striped-linen-scarf/#ixzz249IK25sw

No comments:

Post a Comment