Friday, August 17, 2012

it was a ENGAGMENT ring

This post is an update/response in many ways.
1) Highlighted portion: Ellen may be sideways-apologizing for yesterday's comment about something out of her depth. It will be an over-correction, though not a major change, if she stops writeing about anything but herself...let's hope she can develop some better judgment about what's fair game to Ellen-bomb vs. what is simply beyond joking.
2) Ellen asked for TRANSACTIONEAL work from Jim & Co., and it look's like they got exactly that. I have linked to the relevant FTC info below. Love that nobody at Manageing & MANAGEING LLP knows what they're doing on this one, but MP promises to "help."
3) Most important, probably: Jim is offering to make good on the offer insinuated outside Tiffany's on Tuesday. Is Ellen suddenly living in a Jane Austen novel? It's remarkable that after being rejected for even one date, Jim is getting ready to propose. 
I know that at this point my projections about Jim's role in this story may not be worth much, but I'm starting to wonder whether, rather than gradually phasing him out as a character, Ellen has secretly been carrying on with him, all along, on a level she won't even share with thousands of her closest (only) freinds! Is this allegedly out-of-nowhere hint about the ring her roundabout way of admitting that Jim IS getting somewhere with her? I want to trust her narrative, but some tiny voice in the back of my mind reminds me that this entire character is based on whimsical fictive creations and so perhaps I should NOT.
Indeed...stop me if my eyes start popping out of their sockets...what if Jim signifies the end of ELLEN's story as we know it--because she does marry him?
Two final miscellanea:
--MP had to show her the NYT. Ellen is not even capable of securing a copy of printed news herself, let alone making any meaning of it.
--Her misspelling of ENGAGMENT suggests a mode of throttling, cutting off breath, being silenced...


Ellen August 17, 2012 at 9:38 am
Yay! I LOVE Fruegel Friday’s!!!!! This dress is very nice, and the price is right, but I do NOT love the colors’. I perfer deeper red’s.
Anyway, my father told me that it is NOT all about me, but every time I try to give advise to peeple, other peeple do NOT want me to do so I will only tell about things that are about me.
Jim called this morning and he told me to look at page 3 of the NY Times. He said that he would get me this ring b/c I had said I liked it and it was on SALE. The manageing partner showed me the paper and it was a ENGAGMENT ring. I have NOT made any intentions to say I was interested in HIM giveing me any ring. FOOEY! But the manageing partner now says to tred very carfully with Jim b/c he is giveing us alot of cases.
Also, Jim said that he can give me a HEART SCOTT RADINO filing to do. I have NO idea what that is, but the manageing partner said he would help me. I think he does not know what it is either, but he just said PISHAW, and left.

Read more: http://corporette.com/2012/08/17/frugal-fridays-tps-report-shift-dress-w-novelty-neckline/#ixzz23qQd9o8Y

3 comments:

  1. I agree that Jim clearly wants to get into her panties--the old trick of wowing her into a couple of weeks of sex--but not clear at all that she has any interest in him other than to advance her finances--she has high carrying expenses plus she is thinking ahead to retirement with a. 401k, not like most young professionals her age. I also think she is wiser than you think--I doubt she's been fooling around with this oaf, because his company could cut off the case flow if they find out the firm selection was. based on a meritricious relationship. The mp has as much as told Ellen that Jim should not be dipping his pen in the company inkwell by cautioning her to keep her head in the business, even I'd she has a body for sin!


    I have faith Ellen will not run off with Jim because I do not think his intentions are pure and Ellen is smart enough to know that there is more out there for her than a dork that really is focused on having sex with her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Jim may want to pipe Ellen, but not marry her. It may take the ruse of a ring to get her into the sack, because she was burned by the drunk CPA who she gave herself to with no promises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ellen. She has scrupules and would not have sex with him.

    ReplyDelete