Thursday, August 2, 2012

[Result's of POLL #2]

Thank's to all who voted in Poll #2! To review, I asked you to check any/all of the below options that you believe apply to the person who most frequently posts as Ellen. (Yes, this means problematic confound with your responses to Poll #1, about Ellen's consistency, but I couldn't come up with any way to address that issue other than by naming it.) Here we are (raw numbers followed by percentages):

NOT female
  20 (33%)
NOT aged 31-34
  14 (23%)
NOT a JD
  16 (26%)
NOT practiceing law in Manhattan
  31 (51%)
NOT Jewish
  12 (20%)
Poster DOES have most Ellen-avowed attributes
  22 (36%)
Poster IS more or less describing the events and dilemmas of his/her daily life
  14 (23%)


Total Votes: 60
Poll closed 

I was not surprised to see that so many of you--the highest single figure by far--doubt Ellen is a practicing attorney in Manhattan. I'd be interested to hear your reasons, but offhand my guess is that we feel nobody actually in this category has the time (or perhaps the good humor?) to spare.
Perhaps without conflicting with the above, 36% of you think this poster does possess most Ellen-avowed attributes, presumably including gender, age and educational level. It might make sense that someone with a law degree and insight into e.g. women's clothing fit issues has all the background necessary to do Ellen, but is a bit "to lively" (as SHE HERSELF would put it) for lawyering in NYC.
I don't know whether so many of you believe she is Jewish simply because you have no basis to say otherwise, or because you judge that she knows too much about Jewish customs, and Yiddish, to be faking.
Finally, I'm smiling to see that fully 2/3 of you think Ellen is probably a woman. I actually do not have strong inclinations on much of the above, ELLENWatch though I am, and I barely voted on this poll. (I'll let you speculate as to what I mean by that...) I admit, however, that the Pink Team in me enjoys believing that Ellen is, at least chromosomal-ly speaking, one of us. That said, if a Mr. Ellen is reading this, I still commend your sidelong feminism--and I still insist on reading it as such.
Any further comments? What did I miss?

I'm thinking of holding a MANAGEING PARTNER photo contest as my next participatory gimmick.

4 comments:

  1. I voted that she *IS* "practiceing law in Manhattan" because she has used the acronym EBT (examination before trial), which is NY-speak for depositions. I'm not aware of any other state using that phrase, and I don't think many litigators outside NY know it. Of course, her usage was a while ago (at least a year, maybe more), and I have serious doubts as to whether there is one and only person commenting as Ellen.

    And I remain convinced that Ellen is a man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. And I love what you do here. Keep up the great work.

      Delete
  2. I think the original Ellen is a man as well. The odd usage of bodice and a few other things have made me think that, such as the whole stareing oogling partner. It seems to me that Ellen thinks that is what girls talk about or should talk about. Most real Corporettes would have long since moved upward and onward.

    ReplyDelete