Thursday, February 7, 2013

When you are APOINTED FOR LIFE

What an odd post, even for Ellen. The first 2 paragraphs are useful for in-person ELLENSpotting purpose's though...
NOTE FOR POSTERITY: This was the post in which Kat advised the emailer, as one option, to JSFAMO (and she spelled it out too). Neither Ellen nor ELLENWatcher's raised hoopla a la the first time Kat fooeyed, but perhaps it's just so foundational at this point that no remark seemed necessary. 

Ellen says:
I have NEVER been in FEDERAL court, but in State court, I need to wear nice clothe’s — usually either a RED or a BLACK dress, with RED or BLACK pump’s, a silk blouse (white or red), and a nice matcheing jacket.
When I wear my red dress, the manageing partner insist’s that I wear FIRE ENGINE RED lip gloss, and he prefer’s that I wear matcheing nail polish. He gives me alot more FLEXEBILITY when I wear black. I can wear any color nail polish I want! YAY!
I think it probabley is a little more formal in FEDERAL court b/c the judge’s are APOINTED FOR LIFE, rather then ELECTED FOR A TERM CERTAIN. When you are APOINTED FOR LIFE, you can do what you want to peeople in your court and NO ONE IS GOING TO CHALLENGE the judge.
On the other HAND, if a judge is up for election, he or she must be alot more defferential to his peeople b/c they can VOTE HIM/HER OUT. That is good for peeople like me, b/c the judge is alway’s nice to me.
I think I would have more of an issue in FEDERAL COURT. FOOEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment