Saturday, February 23, 2013

when their manageing partner’s give them a hard time about SCRUNCHIES

Ellen herself referred me back to this post. I notice the time window I have, to catch missed comments before I'm assumed to have lost them for good, seems to be narrowing. I guess the first step in efficiency was cutting out the Sunshine Girls' role in this kind of notification system, and now we've moved on to near-lockstep updating whereby Ellen makes sure this sight stays complete around the clock. She's very difficult to work with, in some ways, and yet in others so obliging.  

In other helping-hand moves, she's trying to clarefey once and for all that her hair is all blond--even after all that confusing dithering that I doubt will ever be explained. As for the transition from MP requiring scrunchies to MP forbidding scrunchies, we've already observed it, with Ellen scratching her head, and the only further mileage I see here is some kind of confrontation later this spring as Ellen tries to cool down and starts bringing 'em back to the office. Maybe Roberta will step in to defend her?  


I would NOT want this for the office. I need to LOOK professeional, and this mean’s for me wearing my hair neately and consistentely. My hair is uniformely blond, so why would I change it intentioneally? 30 years from now, if I get GRAY, I will consider something, but since I am now exactley where I want to be and where the manageing partner want’s me to be, in terms of look’s and hair, I would NOT change things, or recomend that any one else change things.
My only QUANDRIE is over why the manageing partner all of a sudden does NOT want me to wear scrunchies? Im OK with it now, b/c it’s cold, but in the summer, I do NOT want my hair makeing me uncomfotorble, especialy if he also does NOT prefer UPDOOes on me.
What does the HIVE do when their manageing partner’s give them a hard time about SCRUNCHIES? Is this an issue elsewhere? As the only young female attorney here, I have no
other point of reference, so I have to RELY on the HIVE’s sage advise. HELP!!!!
  • Perhaps if management has commented on your scrunchie, s/he views a scrunchie as too casual for the office. You would probably be able to solve this and still tie your hair up with a rubber band the same color as your hair. If you dislike the usual Goody’s (etc.) rubber bands, try Twistband (http://www.thetwistband.com/, also available through Birchbox). They have a variety of colors, but I would recommend a color that closely matches your blonde hair.
    Ban your scrunchies and try the simple rubber bands. If you still receive comments, then ask a few friends in corporate jobs (the kind that will be brutally honest with you) to take a look at your hair and see if they see any issues (for example, do you have multiple earrings or a tattoo that your boss might be wanting you to hide?)

No comments:

Post a Comment