Tuesday, February 19, 2013

He was the one that told me FOOEY

Every time Ellen reports that she said FOOEY to someone, I wonder a little bit whether it's the verbatim transcript. But lately she's also been attributing FOOEY to other characters, first Myrna and today MP. I wish to know even more whether all of these peeople in her circle have picked up the interjection from her (as I have).

See bottom paragraph for Henry. I have a number of reasons to suspect this is the same Henry mentioned a couple of months ago, most notably his apparent alliance with Ellen's father. But the former Henry was a college acquaintance, whereas this one she claims not to have seen since high school. 

At this point I'm cocky enough to half-expect that she'll clarify at my command. Are they Henry I and II, or one and the same?


What I do is figure OUT who the most important cleint is, and do the work for that cleint. In my world, the cleint with the biggest book of business to the firm is the one I sugest to the manageing partner that I should do the work from.
I also have no one to delegate the work to, so unless I am to work 24/7, it will HAVE to wait. That is what I sugest to the manageing partner, and he always agrees, b/c he is like clockwork — there is no way he is not geting on the 6:07 or whatever it is, every evening on the LIRR. He was the one that told me FOOEY when I asked him a question year’s ago when he was runing out the door to catch that train. “IT CAN WAIT!” he said And it did. YAY!
This weekend, Myrna and Roberta treated me to a special Pastrami and Corn Beef tripel decker sanwich at a deli in the Bronx. I said there was to much bread (RYE), so I took out the middel layer of BREAD, and mixed up the corn beef with the Pastrami! YAY! It was SO good, especialy with DOCTOR BROWN’s DIET CREAME SODA. DOUBEL YUMMY! I had so much garlic, tho, that I was burpeing all the way home in Myrna’s car, then I had alot of gas all day Sunday, so I did NOT leave the apartement. FOOEY on that, b/c it was sunny out.
Then this guy from High School, Henry, calls me. I do NOT know how he got my number, but I suspect dad. Henry is workeing in the City, and want’s to get together. He was very tall but also sloppy looking in High School and had very dirty hair, but that was almost 15 year’s ago. I think he was on the Chess Team or the Math team, and he hung around with some other guy’s that were kind of geeky. Who know’s? Mabye he got good looking since then, but with my luck, he is probabley just alot older and alot sloppyier. I hardly think he turned into Brad Pit. I also think Dad must have talked to his dad and now look who is lookeing me up? Henry. OMG! I do not know where he lives, but he called on a 516 number. Maybe he is living at home in his Dad’s basement. I did agree to call him back, b/c I was to busy to chat. When my dad calls tonite, I will ask him if he made Henry’s dad have Henry call me. I hope this doesn’t turn into another Gonzalo type of stalker. FOOEY on that!

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Ellen went to boarding school for high school and that's how Henry was able to hang around her dorm "senior year".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call, but she does specify it was college in the first line of that post, when he gave her the cheeze-of-the-month gift

      Delete