Tuesday, February 19, 2013

a BIG pain in the tuchus

Smelly sweaters, another perennial problem in Ellen's domestic life (hers or those of potentially western European roommates). I'd like to know who the freind from college was, though--presumably not Myrna. 

Waiting dutifully to hear the "other story,"--especially since she seem's to have taken both Sunday and Presidents Day off from commenting.


Kat, you are right. It is expensive. But the high neckline is good to keep wandering eyes lookeing where they DON”T belong. FOOEY!
As to the OP, you probabely do have some guilt over spendeing money for a new place when you have a nice rental that you like (and presumeably is cheeper).
I had a similar issue, but I got over it quickely. When I came back to NY from DC I had to stay back with my parent’s on LI, when I got this great job with the manageing partner. It was a BIG pain in the tuchus for me to commute from LI every day (even tho the manageing partner does it, he has a huge house as well as a summer home in the Hamton’s), so I decided that I wanted to move into the CITY.
So a freind from college invited me to move in with her in her rental in the upper east side, b/c her roommate moved in with her boyfreind. The rent was $3000 a month (1500 each), but after moveing in, I did NOT like it b/c there were roaches and MICE scurrying around. It was DISGUSTING. My dad said no daughter of his could live this way, so he goe’s out and without even telleing me, buy’s a new CO-OP 10 block’s away for what was then alot of money, and he is paying the morgage. When he gave me the key’s, I agreed that I would pay the mainetenence, which is almost as much as the rent I was paying to live in the roach invested dump I left on 89th street (UGH).
So in 3 month’s, I had gone from a beautiful room on LI at Mom & Dad’s, to a walkup dump in the City to a beautiful 1 bedroom co-op with a balcony, a doorman and a pool. So even tho it was trumatic, I did get over it, b/c it meant liveing by myself instead of with my family or my girlfreind from college. She did get another freind to live with her, but I had to throw out alot of my clothe’s b/c there was alot of MICE poopie and other smelly thing’s in my sweater’s. FOOEY!
I learned my lesson, and you also should alway’s know that there is some thing better waiteing for you. I am very busy today, so will have to tell my other story later. I alway’s prefer to help other’s like this woman. YAY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment