Tuesday, January 15, 2013

before we let them get into our hearts and bodies

Once again, Kirstie reports in with a great finding from Bitter Lawyer. Alma is a long-time Ellen alternate name, but this surname is a new one. (Any ideas?) Spelling is slightly better than what we're used to today, but the caps and fooeying are unmistakable. Thank you, Kirstie.

This is quite old, so I don't know whether Nicky the hedge fund guy preceded Alan or what.

Alma Federer May 20, 2010 at 2:40 am
This is a VERY refreshing post, and indicates alot of thoughtful analogies.  I think we ALL have to be carful when we choose to date, and to make sure we know what we are getting before we let them get into our hearts and bodies.  My dad has always told me not to be myopic, which means I should step BACK to see what I am interested in getting BEFORE leaping into love.  So I always follow some of these 7 PRINCIPALS, but make sure NOT to do sexual things until I know the man is interested in me for my MIND, not just my body, because men will generally say ANYTHING to get me to be sexual with them.  I AGREE with the writer that finding a guy is like a real estate transaction.  I do NOT want to be stuck with a guy with issues again.  I want someone NORMAL who will do what I want together with me.  I do NOT want a man who looks at other women besides me, and I want a man who will be a gentelman who opens the door for me, pays for my dinner, and picks me up for dates.  These are the same qualities I want him to have AFTER we are MARRIED also.  I have a good job, make good money and want to start a FAMILY soon, so I don’t have time to waste with men who are LOSERS.  I am again on the market, as Nicky, the Hedge Fund guy, turned out to be a jerk.  He acted nice, but wanted SEX after only our third date.  Fooey on him.

2 comments:

  1. Another Ellen oldie:
    http://www.bitterlawyer.com/interview-matt-ritter/

    ReplyDelete
  2. And some weirdness:
    http://www.bitterlawyer.com/bitter-brief-12/

    ReplyDelete