Wednesday, January 9, 2013

mabye we can colaborate and figure out how we can look smart!!!!

I can't ascertain whether Ellen realizes this is for a moot competition. She seems to be taking and using the word "Judge" very liberally. Anyway, assuming she goes through with this I think a great summary may be in store, including of MP's reaction.


Ellen :
I personaly love purple, but the MANAGEING partner often insist’s that I dress in Fire Engine Red, with Red Lipstick, which I do NOT like. For some reason, he think’s that I can get peeople to listen to me and AGREE with what I say when I am dressed in RED.
I am not sure I agree with him, but as long as HE agrees when I ask for something, I will wear ALL red!!! Yay!
I just got an E-MAIL from the ABA, askeing me to be a JUDGE. Acording to the invite, I have been aksed:
“to participate as an oral argument judge for the 2012-13 New York Regional National Appellate Advocacy Competition (NAAC). You may have received this message previously and responded that you were unavailable; however, we are resending our invitation in hopes your schedule may have changed.
This year’s problem involves two questions. The first is whether an officer’s actions were beyond her “discretion” to the point that they would not be entitled to qualified immunity analysis in a § 1983 case. The second examines the extent to which a grand jury indictment breaks the causal connection between that officer’s allegedly unconstitutional actions and the plaintiff’s subsequent seizure.
As a judge, you will have the opportunity to interact with the finest advocates that the nation’s law schools have to offer. With 226 teams from 130 ABA-approved law schools competing at the regional level, the NAAC is one of the largest moot court competitions in the country. Teams from law schools in 15 states are preparing to compete in the New York Regional.
===============
I can’t WAIT to tell the manageing partner that I am goieng to be a JUDGE!!!!! Yay!
I am NOT an expert in either issue, but will have to bone up and figure out what this is all about!
Is anyone else in the HIVE goeing to be a judge? If the answer is YES, mabye we can colaborate and figure out how we can look smart!!!!
I will talk to the manageing partner to make sure he is OK with being a JUDGE! I hope they provide me with a nice clean robe. I would hate to wear a robe that some smelly guy wore and they did NOT dry clean it! FOOEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment