Thursday, January 31, 2013

IN FACT, DOUBEL FOOEY!

I was hopeing Ellen would respond to this threadjack. Her advice for love lives is unsurprising--still nursing her wounds from the drunk accountant almost 2 years later. 
The finance bit, however, was less predictable. Never before has she hinted at any resentment that Dad still holds the purse-strings. Indeed, I was under the impression that his control of her debits was welcome as a safeguard against the usual feminine follies.  I wonder if annoyance at his tuchus-surveillance has led to chafing at other areas of inappropriate authority? Interested, at any rate, to see if she makes any progress on this absent a husband (marriage being the only condition upon which Dad offers to give up control). 

THIS IS ALOT OF FUN! YAY! This is what I would say:
A little distraction for Thursday afternoon (fill in the blanks):
If my current age self could tell my younger self ONE thing about love/relationships, it would be NEVER GET INVOLVED WITH AN ALCHOHOLHOLIC B/C THEY WILL BURP AND WALK AWAY AFTER VOMITTING ON MY NEW RUG’S! FOOEY ON ALAN SHEKETOVITS AND ALL OTHER DRUNK’S!
If my [current age] self could tell my younger self ONE thing about work/career path OR personal finances, it would be ALWAY’S CONSULT WITH MY DAD (WHO IS VERY SMART) ABOUT FINANCES AND HAVE HIM HELP ME TO PAY MY BILLS AND SET UP MY 401K ACCOUNT’S AND ALSO HELP WITH MY CO-OP MORGAGE AND MAINTENANCE, BUT DO NOT LET HIM KEEP YOU ON A BUDGET OR TELL YOU THAT YOU CANNOT HAVE SPENT TO MUCH MONEY. FOOEY ON THAT! IN FACT, DOUBEL FOOEY! I MADE THAT MISTAKE AND CANT BACK OUT OF IT EVEN THO I AM EARNING GOOD MONEY HE IS CONTROLLING EVERYTHING! FOOEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment