Thursday, January 24, 2013

I forgot to check anyway on the issue

Ellen's birthday is in March, but if after this many year's in New York she still doesn't have a decent winter coat, even I am ok with moving it forward a little bit. 

The mishap with MP's slideshow, created by Ellen, is actually pretty funny. Presenter appears trying to avoid paying for lunch by communicating "I don't think so!" directly in his PPT? What I like even more, however, is Ellen's informing her boss that her mistake, at his expense, wasn't a big deal. After all, she left a note to self that something needed to be checked, the whole audience saw both the checkable thing and the note, and never did end check the material in the first place. If anything, the note probably conveyed she didn't "think" the material in the slide was correct--so the crowd saw both the faulty info and the sloppy, abandoned notion that something should have been done about it, but never was. Way to manage the situation, my colleague! This is straight out of HIVE best practice's! YAY!!!

Ellen :
Thanks to the HIVE for recomending warm coat’s for me. I gave the list to my mom and dad, includeing Eddie Bauer, Pantagonia and Canada Goose, and they are goieng to buy me a VERY warm coat and have it sent to me as an early BIRTHDAY gift !!!! Yay!
My dad said I should get a man’s coat (b/c there is more DOWN in it), but my mom convinced him that I should NOT dress like a man if I EVER expect to be able to find a man. She was RIGHT! My dad was speecheless, and gave in. I do NOT care if I have less down as long as I am WARM!
The manageing partner was a little embarassed about one of my slides at his CLE. I had forgoten to take off a question mark and my coment to myself “Check/ I dont think so ” Peeople were laffing at the slide b/c they interpreted it as the manageing partner NOT wanteing to pick up the LUNCH tab, even tho there was NO lunch at his CLE session. I forgot to check anyway on the issue, so not a big deal I told him. He said NEXT time, I should give the POWERPOINT to LYNN to do. I said she was OUT so I had to do it ALL myself. FOOEY! I hope he will forget about it when my BONUS is figured out by FRANK! YAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment