Wednesday, January 2, 2013

the manageing partner was such a sweethart

I had a feeling the 5-pound goal was too ambitious. Myrna really did earn that bonus, though--she could have caroused all the way through the holidays and instead babysat Ellen with exercycle, confiscated cookies and mandatory carrots. 

I was actually thinking about the significance of weight in Ellen's life alongside career accomplishments even before (see highlighted sentence below). In her review of 2012's personal and professional developments, Ellen juxtaposed substantive achievements with cosmetic shortcomings without making any direct reference to how they stack up against each other in value. There was simply Column A and Column B. Here, she places work victories decidedly above concerns about tuchus size, even suggesting that now that MP's weigh-in is over she may go straight back to Crumbs. Dad's advice is fooeyed (wonder about the daily exercise guidance emails, though?) and once again Myrna catches shade over her allegedly flat tush. Defense mechanisms in part, to be sure. But are we also perhaps witnessing a change in priorities? Analogously, I assumed the statement that Ellen could take or leave men in 2013 was pure bluster, but maybe I should give it a littel wait-and-see. 

Ellen has wished all of us, and Kat, a happy new year at least 4 times as of this po'st. On another admin note, I am wondering if lately this blog's "real" reader/commenters have been intimidated by the Sunshine Girls' dominance in my inbox. My pageviews are actually higher than ever, but I'm not hearing from as many of you these days aside from S&S. Is it indeed too much sunshine? Anything up with the comment function? Other issues? I'd love to get any hint's.

Always as your service,
ELLENWatch

Ellen :
Me to, but OMG! This is a wonderful DRESS, but I am still tryeing to be more fruegal b/c of the extra payroll taxe’s Frank say’s we are now goeing to have to pay this year! FOOEY! FRANK is also kind of MAD b/c he has to get a programer to change the payroll program to deduct MORE money’s from our paycheck b/c of the fiscal cliff stuff. I think FRANK is just lazy and does NOT want to have to do anything different. When I am a partner, I will have to tell him NOT to be to lazy.
I did NOT win the $500/ 5 pound chalenge after all (I onley lost 4 pound’s ), but the manageing partner was such a sweethart after my weigh-in, and he said he would STILL give me $400 anyway’s b/c I did loose 4 pound’s,and it was the HOLIDAY!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BUT I will STILL give MYRNA the $100 I promised her if I won the chalenge b/c the manageing partner was very nice to give me the $400 EVEN tho I did NOT loose 5. My father says I need to loose even more if I want to be SVELTE. He says that I should not have a big tush and that I should look to Myrna as my roll model b/c she is very atheletic and has a flat tush. Good for her,but I am the one with a JD degree, and I am the one who is admitted to the NY Bar,and I am the one who is goeing to be a partner. I think with all of that, who care’s if I have a bigger tuchus? FOOEY!
Happy new year’s to the HIVE and Kat! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Just because Ellen said "with or without men" does not, in our collective view, suggest anything other than selectivity. We, too, must not in the haste to wed, connect with some toothless losers with bad breath, just because they may have a bank account. No, for us (and Ellen) we suspect that selectivity means waiting for a man of quality, both visual, educational, and economic, who will descend and swoop us off our feet into the world we deserve as urban professionals. We are not looking to marry gazillionaires or live on Park Avenue. We just don't want to be relegated to sharing some 2 room walkup above 96th Street (or worse yet Queens) with some dimbulb who is one invention or song away from hitting the big time (think David or his roommate).

    We have struggled all our lives to get professional well paying positions, and even though some of us have been duped by partners who promised us the moon in exchange for our own innocence, we persist in our hopes and dreams that there is a Mr. Right out there for us. Ellen is no different, though probably 3-4 years younger than any of us. We just don't want to see her making the same mistakes we did (although at her firm, there does not appear to be a surplus of testosterone filled partners dragging her into bed in exchange for unkept promises). At worst, you have a guy who acts like her dad, doling out money for her to buy clothes or lose weight. If any of the partners here tried that, we would slap them with a lawsuit so fast, and we would use some of our very own firm's paralegals to help draft the pleadings (because they too have been sexually misled by the same partners as we have).

    So we hold out hope for ourselves and Ellen, that each of our own Mr. Right will come. We just don't want every guy with a load in his pants to think they can get a freebie just because our biological clocks are ticking. As Ellen says so well: "FOOEY on that!"

    We also don't mean to scare off any of the other readers of this blog. If they are scared of us, then they should not consider themselves bona fide Corporettes like we are. We read Corporette cover to cover and don't think the OPs there are shy. If they are here, then we just say: "Man UP and Post!"

    ReplyDelete