Thursday, April 4, 2013

the OFFER was on the tabel

Stories with this degree of detail kind of make you wonder, no? 

And it turns out that at least one person in Ellen world actually think's she had an affair with MP. How widespread was this rumor, and did it ever get back to Margie? Sunshine Girls, any chance you know anything about this, or hired this paralegal after she left Manageing & MANAGEING? 

I think it depend’s on the STATE. As a litiegator, I know that when WE fired a paralegal last year, we were NOT obligated to pay a severence benefit, but we did ANYWAY, but NOT right away. The Manageing partner said it’s better to get rid of the person and get a RELEASE (which I drafted), rather then to risk a judgement in a lawsuit. He was RIGHT!
The paralegal said we did NOT apreciate her, but she was VERY lazy, and was busy on the INTERNET all day rather then looking thing’s up for us. She also did NOT like it that I was freindly with the manageing partner and acused me of doing things with him which was NOT true. FOOEY on her for even saying these thing’s! FOOEY!
So the manageing partner told her we would like her NOT to go away mad, so he GAVE her 2 week’s pay for each year she was here. Since she was here 2 year’s, we gave her 4 week’s pay. I think we also gave her COBRA benefit’s b/c we had to, and we had to give her some time to CONSIDER the release. So she left, but did NOT sign the release right away. She hired some slimey lawyer who came back and told us he was goeing to file a complaint with the EEOC unless we paid her 8 week’s salary plus COBRA. He called me b/c I was the one who drafted the release. So I told him he would HAVE to speak with the manageing partner b/c I did NOT even think she was worth the 4 week’s the manageing partner had me put in the release.
So the manageing partner says to the guy that the OFFER was on the tabel and that she could take it or leave it, but he was NOT goeing to give one cent more! He was VERY impresseive on the phone — I think that is why he is the manageing partner. So this slimey lawyer goes away and she did NOT sign the release. He sends a letter in to the EEOC, and a few month’s later, they said they would do NOTHING. By that time, he really had NO choice but to file a lawsuit.
As a litiegator, I started TO GEAR up and file an answer, but the manageing partner said send out the release first. So when we did send out just about the same RELEASE, we changed the 4 week’s pay to 3 week’s. The paralegal signed it RIGHT away and we saved a week’s pay! I did NOT get to beat her up in court, but we won, the manageing partner said. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment